Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

06-03-2015

United States

8 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 6

W550s camera not working

2015-06-03, 5:48 AM

before i say what is wrong i want to say that the laptop is only two weeks old and has never even left the house yet. 

so two days ago i was using my laptop's integrated camera to video skype call some one and the camera worked fine but just yesterday when i tried to video call the same person the camera output a gray screen with the camera symbol slashed through. i also tried to use google hangouts with the same effect. the skype call goes through fine but on the other end the reciever sees the same gray screen with the camera icon that is slashed through.

i have tried:

restarting my computer

Updating the camer drivers (no updates available)

disabling and re-enabling my camera drivers

applying the general optional windows updates

Answer
Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Views: 57257

Re: W550s camera not working

2015-06-04, 6:41 AM

Hi Archer31,

Thank you for the reply!

You have to change the setting for “Lenovo web-conferencing utility” from control panel and there you have to click on “Show my video image”.

http://postimg.org/image/w49yo1sbn/

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Replies(5)
Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

2015-06-03, 10:11 AM

Hi Archer31,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

You can choose to turn off the camera for specific apps while allowing other apps to use it or you can turn the camera off completely.

• To turn the camera on go into Lenovo Settings App on Metro view, and select camera.
  • There will be the options of Private and Normal.
  • Select Normal.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

06-03-2015

United States

8 Signins

23 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2015-06-03, 15:35 PM

how do i get to that app if i am on windows 7. Sorry forgot to mention that i am running windows 7. also ive noticed that when this gray screen is being output the "on" light for my camera is still on

thanks

Answer
Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2015-06-04, 6:41 AM

Hi Archer31,

Thank you for the reply!

You have to change the setting for “Lenovo web-conferencing utility” from control panel and there you have to click on “Show my video image”.

http://postimg.org/image/w49yo1sbn/

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

06-03-2015

United States

8 Signins

23 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2015-06-04, 7:31 AM

thanks for the help it was interesting to have this problem Communications utilities

before downloading what i believe to be the latest version of this program. the program displayed this without that button but after manually updating (because there is no update button to be found) the button was there. also the versions seemed to be practically the same exact thing.

Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2015-06-04, 8:27 AM

Hi Archer31,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved from the troubleshooting steps provided. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Cheers! :smileyhappy:

Hemanth Kumar

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms