Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-28-2009

Columbia SC

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

W700 Screen calibration

2009-03-28, 13:40 PM

I just received my Lenovo Think Pad W700 yesterday, and one of my primary reasons for buying it was the integrated screen calibrator. One of the first things I wanted to do was to calibrate my screen for photo editing, but am unable to locate the feature. I'm also unable to locate a user manual, either with my machine or online. I suppose both of these things are right in front of me, but for the life of me I'm unable to find either. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Message Edited by BillyR on 03-28-2009 06:41 AM
Options

82 Posts

01-11-2009

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

269 Signins

2085 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 2085
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: W700 Screen calibration

2009-03-29, 18:31 PM
Physically, the calibrator lies below the keyboard to the right of the trackpoint buttons. The software is preloaded and there should be a greenish HueyPro shortcut on the desktop. Not all models have colour calibration so make sure you have one that does.
Options

3 Posts

03-28-2009

Columbia SC

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: W700 Screen calibration

2009-03-29, 20:57 PM

Thanks for your reply. It appears that my machine doesn't have that feature. I was under the impression that all W700s had calibrators, but I see that is not so. I've gone back to the Lenovo web site, and I cannot find one that shows that feature in the specs, nor can I find an accessory by that name or anything similar. Since the primary purpose of this machine is photo editing it appears that I made a serious error when I ordered it, and a call to the sales department is in order.

I have had other problems with this machine, such as it keeps dropping off the network, and frequently when I plug something in to a USB port it disables all the USB ports and I can't get them back without rebooting. Even if I have to pay a hefty restocking fee better to pay that than to have a troublesome machine like this that doesn't have the equipment I need in my office.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms