Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

27 Posts

03-03-2010

USA

635 Signins

745 Page Views

• Views: 745
  • Message 1 of 2

Webcam Causes Loss of Bluetooth on W510 + Win7 Pro 64

2010-09-23, 6:08 AM

I have a Logitech webcam attached to W510 via USB and a Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard using the internal Bluetooth radio.

My laptop is always in the docking station, so I use an external monitor, etc.

Whenever I start a video call with Skype or Windows Messenger after a minute the Bluetooth keyboard is dropped.

The keyboard is still listed in the Bluetooth panel and shown as working.

If you try to disconnect and reconnect (add device) the system never finds the keyboard - it's like the radio no longer works.

The only way to get the keyboard back is to remove the device, power down then try to add it again.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it takes 3 to 5 tries to get them to pair up again.

Once paired, the keyboard works great until the next video call...rinse & repeat.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help solve this?

I don't really want to go out and buy a new keyboard and/or webcam, and using the laptop outside the docking station is not an option.

Thanks

Options

23 Posts

06-24-2010

Taiwan

2915 Signins

2772 Page Views

• Views: 2772
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Webcam Causes Loss of Bluetooth on W510 + Win7 Pro 64

2010-09-23, 6:16 AM
My W510's bluetooth also has same issue sometimes... I think it's not related to the USB webcam... because in my case, it also lost bluetooth mouse when no any USB device attach in my W510.

In my case, turn off and turn on the bluetooth mouse won't make it connect again.
But Fn-F5, turn off W510's bluetooth and turn it on again will make the mouse re-connect again.

So... I think the problem is in W510's bluetooth module or driver....
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms