Options

1 Posts

07-21-2020

IN

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Which W series laptop is the most reliable?

2020-07-21, 11:03 AM

I've been working on an X220 for the past month, mostly for programming and learning more about different linux distributions. However, I am also an aspiring filmmaker. I usually edit my videos using the University's computers, but I'm slowly getting annoyed at the fact that the labs are only open from 9 AM - 4 PM, which barely allows me to edit clearly. I've been meaning to get a workstation for a while, but as much as specs excite me, I need something that's going to last, more than anything. I would greatly appreciate your comments, which would allow me to purchase the right workstation before I begin my next semester.

https://omegle.onl/ vshare
Options

551 Posts

10-03-2011

CA

2889 Signins

14750 Page Views

• Views: 14750
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Which W series laptop is the most reliable?

2020-07-21, 14:27 PM

All are reliable, especially compared to consumer-grade laptops, if you can find them in good working order. The contemporary W-series of X220 is W520, and it's 9 years old now (mine still works fine). The youngest W541-series are now 5 years old. 

A piece of portable electronics that survives that long is quite reliable, and its further life expentancy likely has more to do with where/how the particular device was treated.

However, anything that old isn't too well suited for modern and future video editing,  as hardware support for H.265/HEVC isn't there. Still, if your needs can be satisfied with X220, any W/P series starting from W520 will do better. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete