Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

01-11-2009

chicago

19 Signins

173 Page Views

• Views: 173
  • Message 1 of 4

Wireless refresh (Fn+F5) problem on reboot

2009-01-11, 18:30 PM

Hello!

I am having a problem with my wireless in my new W500. Everytime I restart the thinkpad it won't automatically connect to the

wireless network until I refresh the wireless connection (Fn + F5). After the refresh everything is fine with the wireless connection.

It's only upon restart that the wireless fails to automatically connect though the wireless indicators on the thinkpad indicate agood connection, I have to restart the wireless connection to connect to the Internet.

Any body else has this problem? can some one suggest a fix?

Options

15 Posts

01-11-2009

chicago

19 Signins

173 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: Wireless refresh (Fn+F5) problem on reboot

2009-01-16, 1:18 AM
Has nobody here experienced this problem with the laptop wireless? please any suggestions?
Options

59 Posts

10-18-2008

Dubai, UAE

58 Signins

724 Page Views

• Views: 724
  • Message 3 of 4

2009-01-20, 2:01 AM

I get the same problem when I resume from standby. I just keep messing around and trying to reconnect but it doesn't. Last time I clicked on the taskbar windows network icon, and selected connect. It said it couldn't for some reason, and couldnt repair it either, when I closed the window, the lenovo access connections automatically connected instantly. No idea what was going on there... If somebody has a solution to this please let us know... But i don't have the same problem with full restarts, it connects itself...

Have you tried messing around in the advanced view of access connections, under tools menu --> location switching and global settings. Saved your wifi profile? Sorry I can't be more helpful than this. As a last resort, uninstall, and reinstall access connections? Good luck

Options

15 Posts

01-11-2009

chicago

19 Signins

173 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2009-01-20, 4:27 AM
Yes I have looked in to advanced view of access connections etc. made no difference. I have no wireless problems comeing out of standby. My problem is with the initial reboot. Access connection indicates 99% connection however the browser fails to connect to the internet. After fn+f5 refresh everything is fine and the connection does not drop.

I am planning to call Lenovo and find out what's the deal. I may have to call Belkin router support but I doubt it's a belkin problem.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms