Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-14-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 2

Woke Up and Lenovo W530 Function Keys Not Working

2021-06-10, 1:26 AM

Hi All,

I have had this Lenovo W530 computer since 2012 and all has worked fine. However, I woke up a few weeks ago and noticed that my function keys weren't working. On top of that, the Lenovo Battery icon (bottom right" had been replaced by some sort of generic default windows icon. I am assuming that windows did an update and as usual, screwed something up.

I have ran the Lenovo troubleshooter and installed and drivers that were recommended however I still have the same issue with the function keys and battery icon (which I am also assuming are somehow related). Does anyone know what more I can do to troubleshoot the issue?

Also, for whatever reason my ThinkPad 16GB mSATA Solid State Cache Drive is no longer working as well..... is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this too? 

Thanks!

Options

893 Posts

09-27-2019

China

581 Signins

11982 Page Views

• Views: 11982
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Woke Up and Lenovo W530 Function Keys Not Working

2021-06-10, 3:48 AM

hi

You said Battery icon disappeared, do you mean Battery gauge missing? If Battery gauge missing, you could use following tool to recover it. 

Please download the tool

https://meta.zbox.filez.com/v/link/view/4dcccdfcc53e4d33a1f0802574f6069b , execute like this:
Right click "BGTest.bat" --> select "Run as administrator" --> wait running completely, it needs about 2 minutes
see if it works.

If you can send BGT.zip log file back to me to let us analyze the root cause would be better

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms