Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-28-2015

United States

4 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 31 of 32

Re: is there a way to disable DVD Eject button?

2015-11-28, 18:32 PM

That was perfect. Problem solved entirely. I never would have thought to shorten the buttom, but it worked. I really appreciate it!

Options

10 Posts

03-21-2016

Canada

9 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 32 of 32

Re: is there a way to disable DVD Eject button?

2016-03-21, 19:08 PM

I would like to revive this post. 

While I think the dremel solution is quite ingenious, I still think that lenovo should provide a fix for this design flaw. Especially considering the T series long history and design evolution. I think being able to change it to a double click behavior would solve almost all accidental ejects.

I would suggest one or more of the following:

• A BIOS update for affected units that enbables a double-click and disable functionality for the dvd drive eject button
  • A software solution that enables a double-click and disable functionality for the dvd drive eject button
  • Offering customers the option to swap their optical drive for a replacement model with the button design flaw fixed

I think a BIOS or software update should be expected. The last option would be amazing from a customer satisfaction point of view, but isn't very likely. One can hope. 

Thanks for reading,

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms