Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-26-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

lenovo thinkpad USB keyboard with trackpad DRIVER BROKEN

2021-07-26, 7:51 AM

I bought your lenovo thinkpad USB keyboard with trackpad, and found it to work quite well, minus the fnlk (fn + esc) functionality. I decided to rectify that issue by mistakenly downloading the drivers you offer for this device on your website. I an essentially bricked the device. It no longer works in any form of capability, other than making a nice sound when I plug it in. I would like A) a refund, or replacement of the device, or B) to speak with somebody about what the F I am supposed to do with this recyclable POS now. thank you!

Options

2809 Posts

06-13-2013

United States of America

11388 Signins

61991 Page Views

• Views: 61991
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:lenovo thinkpad USB keyboard with trackpad DRIVER BROKEN

2021-07-26, 18:42 PM

Can you please provide some helpful details:

(1) type/model of your Lenovo Thinkpad laptop machine

(2) is the part number of the wired USB "Thinkpad compact keyboard with trackpoint" that you bought 0B47190 or something else?

(3) did you buy the keyboard brand new and directly from Lenovo Accessories? If so, have you contacted them for support or replacement as the item is obviously under 3-yearwarranty?  Or did you buy the item through a 3rd-party source or online retailer? Have you phoned Lenovo Support at all to try and get some help or replacement?

(4) specifically what driver version did you download and from where, and that you installed and which purports to have bricked the device? I would have expected Win10 to handle the device automatically, installing whatever latest driver was appropriate for both the keyboard and trackpad/trackpoint. But I also do see a Lenovo support page for the device, providing a driver version 1.5.6.0 dated July 2018 and a firmware version 3.30 dated May 2015. I wouldn't have expected that you would need to apply either of these items, but did you apply either or both of these? Or something else, and if so specifically what?

(5) Can you provide a screenshot of what Device Manager shows for the installed keyboard / trackpad / trackpoint when it is plugged in? If you can provide what Windows Device Manager believes is the currently installed driver that might be helpful. Can you not "roll back" the just-installed driver which you say caused to damage?  Or did you apply a firmware update to the device which might have caused the damage?

Seems since it's presumably brand new and under 3-year warranty, you could get it replaced by contacting Lenovo Support.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms