Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-19-2021

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

thinkpad p14s is facing issues

2021-06-19, 5:37 AM

HI Sir,

I purchased thinkpad p14s 4-5 days bak and was seeing issue with system not waking up after putting it in sleep.

Later on , in levono community forum I saw post related to this issue and applied that and looks like device is waking up from sleep but when I put into sleep and close the lid and next day I open laptop battery was completely drained off (0%).

Steps suggested by lenovo employee on forum to wake up from sleep after this battery is getting drained off.

1. Please Go to Settings ->System->Power&Sleep->Additional power settings->Select power plan of in using-> Click "Change plan settings"->Restore default settings for this plan. ->Click "change advanced power settings"->Restore plan defaults .

2.Press "Windows "key->click Power button->Sleep . The system will go into Modern Standby . Please check power LED for confirm the system has into Modern Standby mode (LED shoud be slow flash ,the state like sleep) . Press "FN" key to wake up modern Standby.

Please look into the matter else I have to return the laptop urgently as it is purchased just 4-5 days back.

Thanks and regards,

**bleep**

Options

222 Posts

03-27-2020

Philippines

28 Signins

900 Page Views

• Views: 900
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:thinkpad p14s is facing issues

2021-06-20, 3:31 AM

Hi yoyohoney,

If there is any potential warranty service issue then the technical team in your region is the best line to reach.

The Communities were created as peer to peer Communities and while we have evolved somewhat from there we cannot however guarantee to respond to all topics which may be raised but we do our best to ensure broader issues are escalated within Lenovo to the appropriate Teams. 

Here fellow volunteer users discuss and share experiences and ideas and at sometime some Lenovo employee also lend a hand.

Perhaps you can confirm if you have Modern Standy as provided by Microsoft.

-Dbrix

- Apologies in advance for not getting back soon on regular days. Please proceed with any Community members that can share their ideas and experiences to help.
Options

24 Posts

04-05-2021

Japan

44 Signins

405 Page Views

• Views: 405
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:thinkpad p14s is facing issues

2021-06-20, 14:38 PM

Hi, I am facing similar issues sometimes too. I have mentioned it in this post. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T-series-Laptops/T14-P14s-Gen-1-Issues-BIOS-Sleep-mode-Touchpad-and-more/m-p/5083281 Sadly, nobody else reached back to me, so I think, that those problems are rare. I will ask Lenovo to change my motherboard through warranty.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms