Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iphetamine
Punch Card
Views: 347
Message 1 of 7

10-day old P52s, crackling sounds

I received my P52s 10 days ago and ever since I'm getting crackling/static noise when listening to music or watchin YouTube using wired headphones. This is annoying and VERY disturbing to the hears! I googled and found that it may be 3 pin cables or audio drivers. Mine is 2 pin, I tried it directly to the wall and via a surge protector, nothing changed. I removed RealTek and install MS's drivers, same problem. Played around with Dolby, same problem. 

I need a solution, this is unacceptable.

PS: this is a replacement laptop + charger, had same problem.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I tried this at the library, same problem still. So it's not my home's electrical wiring as suggested online.

UPDATE: this problem doesn't occur when on battery.

iphetamine
Punch Card
Views: 282
Message 2 of 7

Re: 10-day old P52s, crackling sounds

Does it have to do with NOT having the latest BIOS installed or Intel Management Engine 11.8???

FritzBoxTyp
Paper Tape
Views: 274
Message 3 of 7

I have a P52 with a similar issue. Since the P51 had a very similar issue before, which was fixed with a driver update, I believe it is this same or similar problem as well. The support already swopped out my main board, but the problem was not fixed. However, my issue remains when on battery.
iphetamine
Punch Card
Views: 268
Message 4 of 7

So same problem with my original P52s, and a replacement motherboard. And then a replacement P52s. Plus, a P52 and a replacement motherboard.

Is there a way to let Lenovo know about the issue? I hope it's just a driver update, easy and simple (maybe)!

FritzBoxTyp
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 5 of 7

This is ridiculus in such an expensive device... I have called Lenovo support (IBM in germany) multiple times now and they say it is not a known issue, but there have to be more people than just me and you who are experiencing this... I'm planning on making a post in reddit/this forum with a guide on how to reproduce the issue, so maybe more people call Lenovo so at some time it will be fixed...

Did you also call the support when claiming the issue? They mostly haven't been very helpful after the repair for me, however recently I found someone who told me to record the issue and send it to them via email so they can look into this further, however I just didn't find the time to do so yet
iphetamine
Punch Card
Views: 203
Message 6 of 7

@FritzBoxTyp wrote:
This is ridiculus in such an expensive device... I have called Lenovo support (IBM in germany) multiple times now and they say it is not a known issue, but there have to be more people than just me and you who are experiencing this... I'm planning on making a post in reddit/this forum with a guide on how to reproduce the issue, so maybe more people call Lenovo so at some time it will be fixed...

Did you also call the support when claiming the issue? They mostly haven't been very helpful after the repair for me, however recently I found someone who told me to record the issue and send it to them via email so they can look into this further, however I just didn't find the time to do so yet

Well, tech support swapped the motherboard the first time around, same problem. They replaced the laptop, same problem. How can we make Lenovo aware of this? This is frustrating!! 

iphetamine
Punch Card
Views: 145
Message 7 of 7

It's been more than 2 weeks now and the problem cannot be solved. I contacted my original case manager, no response. I got an email that the part tech support requested is on back order for 1 month. ONE MONTH! I called tech support to ask what part that was, they said motherboard. I told them it's not a motherboard problem, nor charger, guess what they said? "Wait 1 month."

What am I supposed to do now as I got the laptop Sep. 17 and haven't been using it since Sep. 27????

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors