Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fmolvera
Paper Tape
Views: 1,325
Message 1 of 9

4k Screen p51 Issue

Hello all! I have recently been experiencing an issue with the 4k screen on the Lenovo p51. When watching youtube videos the color seems to flicker back and fourth from saturated to unsaturated or what seems to be colorgraded and un color graded.

GTgamo
Token Ring
Views: 1,269
Message 2 of 9

Re: 4k Screen p51 Issue

Can you be more descript with the problem? I opened your png with Gimp, and saw no obvious issues. Is it intermittant or all the time?

Did you find any useful information? Everyone in the Lenovo forums can thank other members by clicking on the kudos star to the lower left.

Fmolvera
Paper Tape
Views: 1,264
Message 3 of 9

It was difficult to take clear screen shots, so i recorded my screen in order to document and replicate the issue. So through screen recording it decreased the quality, but if you zoom in to the png you will see two black lines. For the person on the left you can clearly see that the face is not so red, on the right there is a clear red tint or hue. As for the landscape scene on the top it is more green and on the bottom the green is desaturated. It happens very often. The colors will go back and forth.
GTgamo
Token Ring
Views: 1,255
Message 4 of 9

Does it happen only in one program or all the time regardless of the application or task?

Did you find any useful information? Everyone in the Lenovo forums can thank other members by clicking on the kudos star to the lower left.

chukwe
SCSI Port
Views: 1,232
Message 5 of 9

Mine flickers occasionally. Very difficult to predict went it'll happen but it does flicker sometimes.

chukwe
SCSI Port
Views: 1,197
Message 6 of 9

Attached is a short video of my P51 flickers

GTgamo
Token Ring
Views: 1,182
Message 7 of 9

Well, If you can't trouble shoot the issue to a specific problem or application - That is precisely why you have a warranty - You may have hardware issues. Call and open a ticket.

phillipsthe3rd
Paper Tape
Views: 389
Message 8 of 9

having the same issue

P51 4k screen w/ color calibration. The issue appears on two separate profiles, seems random, may only happen on web browsing(Google Chrome), not sure.

Have you found a solution?

rx273
Punch Card
Views: 151
Message 9 of 9

Re: 4k Screen p51 Issue + X1E

I am getting the same sort of issues on my X1E.

I have Lenovo Display Optimizer installed and have set the color profile to Standard. However, it keeps flickering back to Native at random times.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors