cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vostok7
Punch Card
Views: 893
Message 1 of 3

Anyone worried about their W700's performance, go to Windows 7 right away!

I got my Windows 7 upgrade in the mail yesterday and did a completely clean install, wiped the hard drive, wiped Lenovo's bloatware partitions, repartitioned the drive as whole and did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64.  The computer RIPS now.  I was really disappointed with it's performance on Vista Ultimate x64 (it felt even slower than my much lower specced T61 with a clean Vista Ultimate install), but now having gone to Windows 7 it feels like it should.  Much faster, much snappier, much much better, and I don't even have all the drivers installed yet!

If you have a W700 and have been disappointed with the performance, do a clean install of Win7.  You will be very happy with the results.  Keep in mind though that removing the two Lenovo partitions will remove some Lenovo features like System Recovery and the like, if you use any of those.  However, most of them won't work with Windows 7 anyway, if you have a machine shipped with Vista or XP.

Your system will thank you!

schmidtj
802.11n
Views: 822
Message 2 of 3

Re: Anyone worried about their W700's performance, go to Windows 7 right away!

The rescue and diagnostics partition operates independently of your current OS.
I kept it.

yves2010
Paper Tape
Views: 719
Message 3 of 3

Re: Anyone worried about their W700's performance, go to Windows 7 right away!

Hi, I need some help. How did you reinstall the Windows7 OS ?. I tried to install a original Windows7 DVD in the DVD reader and tried to install by booting from the DVD but it failed. The BIOS was setup to boot first and only from the DVD drive. It responded "not valid Operating System" . Have you setup some other features to boot from the DVD ?

Do we need special SW from Lenovo ?

Thanks for a response.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors