Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-20-2009

Miami

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 2

BIOS Update Failed

2009-10-20, 2:40 AM

Hey Guys,

New to the board, and of course it would be with a problem.

So long story short, I was trying to upgrade my W500 BIOS using the 32bit exe (Using Windows 7) and it started out just fine. Then somewhere in the middle of the installation, my machine started to freak and not respond. Now, at this point, i'm extremely worried. My hard drive light is consistently blinking like its being accessed, but nearly 40+ minutes went by, and absolutley no progress. 

Now, I was pretty scared but turned off the machine knowing my system has failed. As I suspected, when I turned on the machine, there is absolutely no video on the screen, and I got a constant 1 long beep followed by 2 beeps and that loops until it annoys me and I turn it of.

So my question is.. Is there anything I can do at this point? I know for desktops there's the BIOS jumper, but I really do not have a clue for laptops. Or am I forced to send it to Lenovo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: BIOS Update Failed

2009-10-20, 8:11 AM

the good news is that you have warranty, the bad news is that you would need to get it sent into depot, whom would have change the motherboard. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms