Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdepouw-cei
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,528
Message 1 of 7

Bluetooth Sound Quality is Terrible

I've been using my Bluetooth headphones for a few months now and everything was fine until a few days ago.  Now my sound quality is terrible.

When it initially started playing the quality would be bad for the first few seconds and then it would correct itself.  Now, it doesn't correct itself.

I've tried playing through the laptop speakers and it sounds ok there.

answers.microsoft.com post

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,522
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bluetooth Sound Quality is Terrible

Hello and welcome,

It may help others to help you if you indicate what model laptop and operating system you're using.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

mdepouw-cei
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,519
Message 3 of 7

Machine Type Model20FL000MUS
P50s Laptop (ThinkPad)

Windows Update is current  (no updates to install)

Lonovo System Update is current (no updates to install)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,516
Message 4 of 7

Windows 7, 10, or something else?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

mdepouw-cei
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,514
Message 5 of 7

Win10 Version: 1703 OS Build: 15063.483

Bluetooth headphones: Sony MDR-XB950BT

Maximus2016
Token Ring
Views: 4,470
Message 6 of 7

Some bluetooth devices have 2 modes: Regular listening device and a "handsfree" mode where you can use both the audio and microphone. If you somehow got switched to handsfree mode, then the audio quality will be much worse since some of the bluetooth bandwidth will be taken up for the microphone.

Check in your Windows playback devices settings, if there are 2 bluetooth devices for your headphones. Try switching from one to the other.

mdepouw-cei
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,436
Message 7 of 7

Fix:

• Right click the speaker icon in the system tray by the clock
    • Click 'Playback devices'
  • Change the default to the 'headphones'

image.pngRight click Speaker Icon to get to playback devicesimage.pngBad soundimage.pngGood sound!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors