Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koenj
What's DOS?
Views: 4,869
Message 1 of 6

Bluetooth speaker

Hi All,

I have a Lenovo W530 with windows 8 (x64) installed.
I'm trying to setup a bluetooth speaker (Loewe speaker 2GO).

Windows is able to see this bluetooth device and is able to pair.
However, after a few seconds the connection is lost.
Furthermore, when I go to devices -> Speaker 2GO -> Services, and try to check "Audio Sink, Handsfree telephony, Remote Control',

I get the error: "The parameter is incorrect".

I have:

- installed the latest drivers from the Lenovo website:

ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software for Windows 8 (32-bit , 64-bit) - ThinkPad ... Learn more
  Version: 12.0.0.6850

- unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device" under device manager -> bluetooth -> Thinkpad bluetooth 4.0 -> Power Management

What could be the cause for this error?

Thanks for your time,
Koen

adamjk
What's DOS?
Views: 4,822
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bluetooth speaker

Came across this post while searching the internet for a solution myself, as I'm in exactly the same situation as you.

I have an in-built Broadcom BCM2046 Bluetooth adapter on my Sony Vaio and also bought a separate ASUS USB-BT-400 mini-dongle to try as an alternative but could still only pair the devices but not connect.  No drivers were downloaded when I paired them and I got the same 'The parameter is incorrect' message when I tried to download the Services manually.

I contacted Loewe who told me that the Speaker 2go isn't compatible with Windows 7 or 8.  It may, however, be possible to connect the speaker to a laptop running these systems with some 3rd party Bluetooth adapters.  Loewe couldn't offer advice on any specific models.  I don't really have the time to keep buying and trying adapters so I think I'll have to just stick with using the AUX cable now!

adamjk
What's DOS?
Views: 4,810
Message 3 of 6

Ok, scrap that previous post, I've somehow managed to work out how to get it working after trying for a week.  Decided to give it one more try and actually found a solution! 

First you need to download the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack that applies to your system from the list at the top here: http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=download-toshiba

Go to device manager and find your Bluetooth device in Device Manager.  Double click on it and go to Hardware IDs

in the drop down menu of the Details tab.  Note down the 'VID_????&PID_????' details - the question marks actually will be letters and numbers specific to your device.

You need to uninstall all Bluetooth drivers and software on your computer.  Restart your computer with your Bluetooth device unplugged and then try and install the Toshiba software.  You'll be asked to plug in your Bluetooth device.  Once you do that and click OK, if the Toshiba stack downloads without a hitch then you should find that the speaker works using the Toshiba software

If after you plug in the Bluetooth dongle, you find that the 'plug in your Bluetooth device' keeps popping up again, then keep that installation window open and follow the instructions on this page from number 4. onwards: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-rvl-cnt-01-tr?pid=189694&mode=threaded#pid189694

The Bluetooth device should then be recognised and the installation process will be completed.  When you restart your computer you should find that the speaker connects to your laptop using the Toshiba software.

The only downside is that the sound quality seems to suffer quite a bit using this method, especially at the higher sound levels.  I've had very little if any distortion in sound when using this with my phone at high volume and there is quite a noticeable difference when running it through this Toshiba software. 

Edit: You can go into the Bluetooth settings and change the sound quality to High quality and this improves the sound quality massively.  Can't believe this solution isn't more widely available around the internet as my searches over the last week have shown that this has been a massive problem for people trying to connect numerous devices with laptops and computers running Windows 7 for the last 4 years.  I simply stumbled on it by accident today! 

koenj
What's DOS?
Views: 4,659
Message 4 of 6

Hi adamjk,

Thanks for your suggestion, sorry for this late reply.

I have tried all the steps you mentioned, but I'm not able to get it working.

Some thing are not that clear to me:
When I open device manager -> bluetooth, I get:

bluetooth.png

• When you say:
     "Go to device manager and find your Bluetooth device in Device Manager. Double click on it and go to Hardware IDs",
    do you mean the "Hardware Ids" of the Thinkpad bluetooth 4.0 or the "Hardware Ids" of Speaker 2go?

The "Hardware Ids" of Speaker 2go have a different format than you describe:
    Speaker 2go: BTHENUM\Dev_001DDF68533C
    ThinkPad Bluetooth 4.0: USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E6&REV_0112, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E6

• When you say "You need to uninstall all Bluetooth drivers and software on your computer",
    do you mean right-click "Thinkpad Bluetooth 4.0" -> uninstall -> check "delete this driver's software" ?

Should I do this for all bluetooth devices? Note that for instance "speaker 2go" does no have the option to "delete this driver's software". (probably because it uses a microsoft default generic driver?)

When I do either one, and reboot, the Bluetooth is back there if I open device manager...

The toshiba software keeps prompting to "plugin your device". I've tried to put the "Hardware Id's" of "Thinkpad
Bluetooth 4.0" in the toshiba 's .inf file, as mentioned in the post you have linked.

No luck however.
Any more tips?

Thanks for your time,
Koen

adamjk
What's DOS?
Views: 4,649
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

It might be that it only works on Windows 7 and doesn't work on Windows 8 but I'll respond to your questions and hopefully you get somewhere

It's the Think pad Blue tooth 4.0 that you need, particularly the VID_0A5C&PID_21E6 bit.

I'd go to Control Panel and then 'Uninstall a program' to see if you can find your Blue tooth software and uninstall it through there. Once you've done that make sure you unplug your Blue tooth device/disable it so that it can't automatically reinstall itself, then try the Toshiba software again.

Hopefully you can get it working.
testert
Paper Tape
Views: 4,003
Message 6 of 6

Confirmed method for Windows 8.1 64-bit on an HP Elitebook 8530w.

In order to succesfully install the toshiba driver for the bluetooth module use these steps to bypass the signature test. http://tivadj-tech.blogspot.in/2012/09/certificate-check-error-when-installing.html

Do this BEFORE following these steps:

follow the instructions on this page from number 4. onwards: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-rvl-cnt-01-tr?pid=189694&mode=threaded#pid189694

This will force the driver to install on your computer/laptop ignoring the "The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering" message when trying to install the driver after editing the .inf file using the Device Manager. 

(You don't get to see that error when installing the driver using the wizard, I think that is why "plug in your Bluetooth device" keeps poping up even after you edit the .inf file)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors