Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alacom
Fanfold Paper
Views: 522
Message 1 of 4

Brand New Lenovo P1 mouse freezes, screen goes black when unplugged

The new Lenovo P1 that I have has a new problem. Now when the machine is unplugged, after a few minutes, the mouse freezes and the computer screen goes black. I have to hard reset the machine by pressing and holding the power button. This issue only happens when I am not plugged in, I am not sure if it a power profile bug or what, but it incredibly annoying when I uplug my machine and walk over to an associates desk to discuss something, and they comment what a nice looking machine, and then the machine freezes and the screen goes black, wasting my time, making me look silly and making Lenovo laptops look bad. Is anyone else facing this issue ?

Guru
Views: 469
Message 2 of 4

Re: Brand New Lenovo P1 mouse freezes, screen goes black when unplugged

What are your power settings for Sleep and Hibernate when unplugged? It sounds like your system might be sleeping. If it is sleeping, wake it up by depressing the Fn key. If that wakes things up, then the issue is in the power profile for unplugged operation.

P70 XEON 1505, BIOS 2.30, UHD 4k Display, 64GB non-ECC RAM, M3000M NVIDIA GPU, RAID 1 512GB Samsung 951 PCIe-NVMe SSD x 2, 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD. EM7455 WWAN
P1. BIOS 1.22,Xeon Processor, 32GB, PM981 1TB x 2, RAID 1
T470s, 16GB RAM, BIOS 1.10, i7-7500, WQHD display, 512GB PM961 PCIe NVMe SSD
Omiyatei1
Punch Card
Views: 400
Message 3 of 4

There are several black screen issues posted and all are induced by changeing graphics mode between Hybrid and Discrete in BIOS menu.

Solution still seems not presetn

Do you the symptom after changing graphics configuration in BIOS as well?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Another-X1E-BIOS-brick-Changing-graphic-mode-...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X1-Extreme-Black-Screen-Help/td-p/42...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1-extreme-unusable-in-windows-always-freezin...

papado170404
What's DOS?
Views: 203
Message 4 of 4

I also have a very similar problem with a brand new P1 laptop. The system freezes at random times and I need to turn it off/restart it by using the power button. This happens quite often and it seems that it may be related to a second screen I have attached via an HDMI cable (this has happened in many cases where I have connected it to a second screen/projector) and often when it wakes up from sleep mode. I am not sure what may be wrong given that it is one month old and I haven't even installed yet the graphics packages that I am using. I thought that this may be related to the graphics card but I am not sure how to check this. I have updated drivers and the Bios a few times already (after I got prompted to do so) but the problem has not been fixed. Any ideas are more than welcome.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors