Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonMcAlister
Blue Screen Again
Views: 211
Message 1 of 4

Camera freezes

I have 2 Lenovo Thinkpads P50 running Windows 10, latest update. The camera freezes on both. Both in the native Camera app and things like Skype. The camera will take an image, there will be a fraction of a second of movement, then the image freezes and stays. I can refresh and it will take a new image, but never a video. I have current drivers and there are no notifications in Device Manager. Both laptops have shown this behavior for about a week.

I have found this problem mentioned in the forum, but there are no solutions (one guy said replacing his hard drive fixed it. I am hoping for a simpler solution).

Any suggestions?

RonMcAlister
Blue Screen Again
Views: 163
Message 2 of 4

Re: Camera freezes

Quick update. I have found that if I roll back the driver, then update the driver, the camera works perfectly - until the laptops go to sleep. When they are brought back up, the camera is nonfunctional again until I repeat the roll back-update procedure. I have the latest driver downloaded form the Lenovo sebsite.

TPsworththewait
Fanfold Paper
Views: 95
Message 3 of 4

Having the same issue with my P50 (Windows 10 Pro 1903, OS Build 18362.295 all with latest updates). However, I was unable to replicate your results with rolling back the driver and updating again. Camera just freezes after less than a second of turning on, then the camera just shuts down. It will often come back on for another second and then turn off again.

If I can provide any details to anyone that will help resolve this, let me know. 

RonMcAlister
Blue Screen Again
Views: 69
Message 4 of 4

Yeah, messing with the driver only gave me temporary fixes. Finally tracked down this article and it seems to have fixed it for sure. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-webcam-freezing-issue-windows-10-anniversary-update

Seems there is a problem with a Windows update. Had to edit the registry a tiny bit but camera has been working for a few days. Keeping my fingers crossed. Worth you giving it a try.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors