Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigalEE
What's DOS?
Views: 877
Message 1 of 7

Can I use a Dell D6000 with a P51s

Hello,

I have a new P51s for work.  I also have a Dell D6000 universal dock with USB-C connection.  Will the two work together and if so, what do I need to do to make this work.  I am running Windows 7 on the laptop per the company requirements.  I have downloaded and installed the driver from the Dell website.  The problem that I currently have is that it sometimes works and other times it does not.  I am not sure if I have my BIOS settings correct.  

It 100% of the time charges but it is hit or miss with video.  I have a ViewSonic HDMI 24" monitor connected to the dock and as I have mentioned, it sometimes works like now and other times just the laptop screen flickers until I unplug.

I don't have the money to purchase a Lenovo Dock at this point and I am trying to make do if at all possible.

Thank You

Slooby
What's DOS?
Views: 710
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can I use a Dell D6000 with a P51s

I also have a P51s and a Dell 6000.
But in my case, video is fine but it doesn't receive power. It is always on battery. 

Did I miss someting ?

Thx

freddellmeister
Token Ring
Views: 700
Message 3 of 7

Go into BIOS and set the graphics to "Discrete Only" and report back if it makes it any better.

That resolved a lot of issues detecting my DisplayPort attached Dell US2413 to my P51 (proper).
freddellmeister
Token Ring
Views: 696
Message 4 of 7

Did you try the latest dock frmware upgrade, and not just W10 device driver?

From Dell forum:

"Dell recently released a firmware upgrade for the docking station... if you are having issues, you may need to consider updating the firmware; it takes an incredibly long time to upgrade and may have to be attempted more than once. For Windows devices, be sure to download the appropriate drivers; they can be downloaded from Dell's D6000 Support page or universal drivers from Display Link can also be used."

FW:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=73f77

Charging limitations:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln307359/dell-universal-dock-d6000-system-charging-li...

Slooby
What's DOS?
Views: 674
Message 5 of 7

Didn't fix it Smiley Frustrated (update the bios and restart).
I even update Dell D6000 drivers, nothing changed
freddellmeister
Token Ring
Views: 672
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for sharing, I don't have any other advice unless you can try another dock to rule out any hardware flakiness.

Slooby
What's DOS?
Views: 670
Message 7 of 7

I have connected my professionnal laptop (dell latitude), and everything works fine.

Only my P51 doesn't receive power. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors