cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SouthernCA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 184
Message 1 of 3

Can Not find 14.91 GB is the factory installed SanDisk internal SSD U110 16GB physical disk in T440S

As per the Hardware Maintenance Manual, the M.2 slot is next to WLAN slot.  In my computer, this is empty.  But I still get the error from Lenovo Solution Center Hardware scan - SMART short shelf test - failed.

How can I find it?  I have since replaced my 500GB spinning drive with 1TB SSD drive.  

Do I still need it?  How can I disable it?

If this error is NOT correct, then should I ignore it and place my old spinning drive back. (Save $120 I spent on the new SSD drive)?

Details are given in the attached file.  Thanksimage.pngimage.png

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 178
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can Not find 14.91 GB is the factory installed SanDisk internal SSD U110 16GB physical disk in T

You don't need or want the little cache drive with an SSD main drive.  Look under the internal battery

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
SouthernCA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 145
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can Not find 14.91 GB is the factory installed SanDisk internal SSD U110 16GB physical disk in T

FOUND IT.

The SanDisk 16 GB  SSD U110 was under the internal battery.  See the pic attached.  It is under the shiny metal cover on the lower right side.  It can be accessed by removing the internal battery.

THANKS everyone.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors