cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nafalem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,699
Message 1 of 6

Can't enter BIOS anymore (ThinkPad P40 YOGA)

Hello,

i cant enter bios, when lenovo logo appears after press F1 only black and blinking "_" in left upper corner of the screen.

when lenovo logo appears:

if i press "enter" menu apper then F12  but same black screen

This happend when i changed setting in BIOS From UEFI first to LegacyFirst.

I tried also update BIOS via utility upgrade successfull but still black screen.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,636
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't enter BIOS anymore (ThinkPad P40 YOGA)

If you are running windows 10, try to get to the BIOS from windows.  Settings/recovery/advanced startup

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Nafalem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,607
Message 3 of 6

I tried from windows also, same black screen Smiley Sad

/edit

finaly i got into the BIOS now i cant enter to Windows ... only boot menu is loaded also F11 key will not enter to windows recovery but instead to same boot menu, it seems to be very buggy when i change UEFI/legacy mode to UEFI only, in BIOS press F10 then "ENTER" to save changes, im again in the same boot menu, but Bios settings are back again in Legacy mode?! Old setting are back, some kind of rollback? How is that possible.

Boot Menu (i tried change boot order in bios but after save setting is back...)

lenovo_thinkpad_helix_convertible_ultrabook_7

Nafalem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,601
Message 4 of 6

Well i ask, did i save my last post, didn't?

Anyway, entering from windows to BIOS did not help, same black screen.

After some tries i was able to enter BIOS, but i found UEFI/legacy setting is not saving when i press F10 and ENTER. Also other settings in BOOT menu are not saved. Some king of rollback?

My setting in BIOS is legacy only and, i cant change it back to UEFI, if i Press F11 to BOOT from Recovery, i get to boot menu instead.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,581
Message 5 of 6

I would pull all the drives out and try to enter the BIOS and hit F9 to load defaults.  If that didn't help, I would look to warranty support.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Nafalem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,571
Message 6 of 6

Hello again,

thanks for reply i tried also F9 and save changes several times, but the old settings are back again. I found when i set "UEFI only" , "OS Optimized Defauts" must be "ENABLED" and save settings. When logo appear F11 or ENTER and F11 to boot into Windows RECOVERY partition, this will prevent rollback.

Then i tried set "LEGACY only" again and i set also "OS Optimized Defauts" to "Disabled". This metod no longer worked. When i set "UEFI only" and "OS Optimized Defauts" to "Disabled/ENABLED" (doesn't matter) and saved settings, i could NOT get into Windows RECOVERY, after press F11 i got into (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 Boot menu, because settings were reset back to old "Legacy only" "OS Optimized Defauts" "Disabled" ... all back.

So in short, OS Optimized Defauts must be ENABLED before the setting "Legacy Only" is enabled, F11 booting to Windows RECOVERY prevents rollback.

The last chance... Disable Built-in Battery. I disabled battery but setting "Legacy Only" did not reset ٩๏̯͡๏)۶. But i was able boot into Windows Recovery F11 and prevent rollback. (◕‿◕✿)

I would really ask Lenovo Team to look what causes problem, if its problem in BIOS or some settings or device...

My device ThinkPad P40 YOGA 20GQ000N, Windows 1O pro x64, BIOS LENOVO R05ET70W (1.48) (latest)

Problem: In "Legacy Only" mode BIOS settings are not saved and Legacy Only can't be changed back UEFI.

uXQT4Rbl

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors