Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canol
Paper Tape
Views: 3,145
Message 1 of 3

Can't install latest Thunderbolt firmware

Hello, we are trying to update Thunderbolt firmware on one of my colleague's Lenovo P50 since it does not recognise Akitio external PCIe box (his NVM version is 16). We updated all the drivers including BIOS. We updated the Thunderbolt Software. But we cannot update the Thunderbolt firmware. We downloaded this:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/be/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

namely: n1etf08w.exe

We tried to install it as administrator, but it gives an error, something along the lines of: "PM driver is old, please update the PM driver first.". We updated the Power Management driver:

https://support.lenovo.com/be/en/downloads/ds032258

And we can see in device manager that it is currently the latest version. But Thunderbolt firmware still does not install giving the same error saying that PM driver is old.

Is PM driver the Power Management driver or something else? What might be the problem?

foxman09
Paper Tape
Views: 3,104
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't install latest Thunderbolt firmware

Is it Windows 10?  I couldn't get my thunderbolt 3 eGPU to work until I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. 

canol
Paper Tape
Views: 3,099
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't install latest Thunderbolt firmware

Yes, it is Windows 10. By the way, some of the P50s worked out-of-the-box without installing anything. But most of them created a lot of problems like the above. The only difference is that they are bought in different times.

On Thunderbolt software details, on my machine (P50), it says eGPUs are supported but on my colleague's machine it says it is not supported.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors