Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdjmwj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,103
Message 1 of 12

Cancelled Order was Shipped - Now What

What a nightmare.

Nice deals on Refurbished W520's, pulled the trigger.

The next day there was a new sale on W530's.

Contacted lenovo via chat.

Cancelled my W520 order.

Ordered New W530.

Rep said all was good, no restocking fee.

Never got a cancel email. Thought that was strange.

I contacted Lenovo chat 2 times to make sure my first order was cancelled.

Both agents said yes, no problems.

I got a ship notice on the cancelled order.

It arrives tomorrow.

Now the fun begins

I have been trying to get thru to someone via email with no luck

I finally entered chat and got back to my original rep

He said all is well and I can return with no restocking fee and Lenovo will send me a shipping label.

He forwarded me to someone who would help.

This guy questioned what the first said until I told him the details were in the same chat log

He came back and said no worries and to have a nice day

I asked him if there was anything I needed to do, NO, nothing

I asked if someone would send me something, he said YES, do nothing

I've heard nothing.

I am so crazed out about this that I am seriously thinking about cancelling my new order tomorrow.

If someone does not contact me with details on this cancellation I'm done with Lenovo.  This is my 4th Lenovo Thinkpad and cannot believe is may be my last.

I really feel like I'm getting the run around, in the mean time my Credit card is getting burned up.

nqduy
Punch Card
Views: 2,092
Message 2 of 12

Re: Cancelled Order was Shipped - Now What

I'd suggest you chase the reps down on that W520 cancellation case, and keep calling (or chatting) until you get a US rep - they proved to be way more helpful. Your should also save those chats or record those phone calls, just in case. And take a look at the shipping thread, the W530 production and shipping process is currently a NIGHTMARE.Cancel the W530 right now if it hasn't been more than 2 weeks since your purchase date and get one from Newegg or Amazon. 

pdjmwj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,086
Message 3 of 12

Is the W530 shipping that bad?  I did save the threads by the way.

I get the W520 tomorrow.  maybe i should keep that one.

I'm telling you, this has been a noghtmare.

I don't think I'm getting that much more with the W530.  I wanted the backlite chiklet keyboard thats it.

What does everayone think, keep the W520 or return for the W530?

The difference in price was almost $400.00

pdjmwj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,075
Message 4 of 12

This story gets worse.

I did not mention that I made a mistake on another order in between the W520 refurb and the new W530.

As I cancelled the W520 refurb with the chat reg, I ordered a T530 instead. 

When I realized my mistake I had the rep cancel the T530 and finally placed the W530 order.

I got a cancel notice for the T530.  but given the issues I was having I kept seeing the T530 order in My Orders.

I just contacted chat and they confirmed that BOTH of my cancelled orders are still active.

What the..... 

I have a W520 refurb being delivered tomorrow

I have a T530 released to manufacturing

I have a W530 released to manufacturing

What I don't have is anyone on the Lenovo side listening.

I am cancelling EVERYTHING.....

nqduy
Punch Card
Views: 2,052
Message 5 of 12

Wow... Even in my wildest dream I couldn't fabricate such scenario. Bad luck, mate. Well, can you just call and negotiate to just keep the W520? I think that's your best option right now. 

pdjmwj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,029
Message 6 of 12

I was on hold for 1 1/2 hours before I finally got thru to returns.

I've decided to keep the W520 that is coming today instead of waiting for what looks to be a mess coming.

I really wanted a W530 but I don't think I'm getting that much more for the $450.00 I'm paying over the W520.

Wanted new but I have the refurb in hand.

Guru
Views: 2,009
Message 7 of 12

Sometimes a refurb is just a cancelled return and has never been used. Good choice in keeping the W520.

P53 XEON 2276 BIOS 1.18 OLED UHD 4K Multi-touch display, 96GB RAM, RTX5000, RAID 1, 1TB x 2 Samsung PM981, 1TB PM981, WWAN
P70 XEON 1505, BIOS 2.32, 4k Display, 64GB, M3000M NVIDIA GPU, RAID1 1TB Samsung PM981 PCIe-NVMe SSD x 2, 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD. EM7455 WWAN
P1. BIOS 1.25,Xeon Processor, 4k UHD IPS multi-touch display, 32GB, PM981 1TB x 2, RAID1

I am not an employee nor an agent of Lenovo.
pdjmwj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,004
Message 8 of 12

I have kept the refub W520 and I'm glad I have.

This thing looks brand new, not a spec of dust on it anywhere.  I do not think this has been used by an end user unless Lenovo's crew are master detailers.

The only features I wanted in the W530 were the bump in CPU / GPU and chik-let keyboard.  I wanted the new keyboard just for the change but was worried if I would like it. 

I'm happy with my purchase decison.  I also would have had to return this one and wait for the next one and worry about having issues with the two others coming in.  I think I have finally gotten the others cancelled.

FYI: I got a really good deal on my W520 and just noticed that they are running another very good outlet deal for the next 3 days.  There are some good deals now.

skfurr
Core Memory
Views: 1,980
Message 9 of 12

Good for you!

I hope you enjoy your W520.  I'm waiting on my W530 now, but it's been a gut wrenching experience getting one custom ordered.  Had I known what I was In for I would have found something refurbed like you did and been done with it.

pdjmwj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,880
Message 10 of 12

This entire order has been a nightmare.

I've contacted lenovo support via chat 8 times and phoned at least 5 times and nothing has been done to fix the order issue.

I've cancelled my orders, have a cancelled email for one of them as it was done within minutes of being ordered and the last phone rep had one that was just shipped to be rerouted from China to a Lenovo warehouse.

Nothing has worked and all the time I have spent trying to get this issue resolved has been a waste of time.

All three laptops are still coming my way to my office regardless of what Lenovo support has said they did. 

Lenovo has some serious issues with their order systems and their reps either lie to us, are clueless, or have no power to do anything they say they are doing.  I cannot tell you how many times I've ben told "Don't worry everything is okay and has been taken care of".

If you hear this you need to worry.  I will never buy a Lenovo product from them again directly.  If I did not like them so much I would never give them my dollars again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors