Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
haeg
Blue Screen Again
Views: 196
Message 1 of 3

Cannot change BIOS settings

I searched but did not find this particular problem listed or solved.

Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, up to date, on P50, also up to date, with factory installed 2x encrypted SSD's and 1x HDD. All three set up with passwords in older BIOS two years ago at purchase and work fine. Present BIOS is 1.56 from February 2019. Also have power on password.

I can access the BIOS pages as always after entering power on password and 3x SSD/HDD passwords. I can step through the various top level categories. However, I am unable to modify any settings in the Password or Boot Sequence (at least these two, the only ones of interest) pages. I have new 1TB HDD coming from Amazon and want to replace the existing 500GB factory installed drive. Also want to check out boot order operation and to modify disc passwords for increased security.

What could possibly be denying me access to making changes desired? Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 174
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot change BIOS settings

You have a supervisor/BIOS password that is different from your power-on password.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
haeg
Blue Screen Again
Views: 150
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot change BIOS settings

Thank you richk. I see you are nearing 10K responses to help others and appreciate your time. I did indeed have different user and supervisor passwords but forgot that the supervisor pw was required in this instance. No prompt for it appeared.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors