Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksabri
What's DOS?
Views: 151
Message 1 of 2

Cannot successfully connect to 4 external displays using P50

Based off the information provided on this page: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd029622 I am under the impression that when docked, the P50 should be able to support 4 external monitors, 5 displays including the P50 screen itself.

I have one connected to VGA, the second to DVI, the third to DP (all 3 on dock) and have been trying to connect the 4th external using either the mDP or HDMI connections on the P50. When making the connection on the P50, nothing changes; nothing is updated when I attempt to detect additional displays.

Does anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong? Am I misinterpreting the dock information regarding number of external displays?

Note: All 4 monitors are HP Z23i models.

SeniorGuru
Views: 123
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot successfully connect to 4 external displays using P50

I believe you must have the BIOS set to "discrete graphics" (surely your P50 has an nVidia graphics upgrade) in order for the docking station plus laptop screen to support a total of four displays max (i.e. three from the dock, plus the laptop screen, makes four total).

In Hybrid mode, all dock displays uses Discrete Graphics as display output
  except for Computer's LCD which uses Intel Graphics
  While in Discrete mode, all dock displays uses Discrete Graphics as display
  output and it increases the maximum number of displays to 4 including Computer's LCD.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors