Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freddellmeister
802.11n
Views: 630
Message 1 of 8

Critical Intel Thunderbolt Software and Firmware Updates - ThinkPad Question

Regarding the nice note pinned on Thunderbolt.

I ran System Update on my P51 and no driver was offered, is there a delay to the roll out?

I have had USB-C thunderbolt issues on my E570, can I expect similar updates on E570? It was not in the page but share the same controller?

Can we expect any update on P50 as well?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 521
Message 2 of 8

Re: Critical Intel Thunderbolt Software and Firmware Updates - ThinkPad Question

E570 doesn't have thunderbolt.  P51 will be rolling out soon.  The new firmware was released to the support website last week and it usually takes 7-10 days after that to show up on System Update.  P50 isn't listed in the advisory so I assume it is not affected, but I'm trying to confirm this.  P50 has thunderbolt, but is not affected by this problem.

catperson
Punch Card
Views: 502
Message 3 of 8

Re: Critical Intel Thunderbolt Software and Firmware Updates - ThinkPad Question

The P1 gen 1 is not listed. Is that because it is not affected?

thanks.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 498
Message 4 of 8

@catperson wrote:

The P1 gen 1 is not listed. Is that because it is not affected?

I'm trying to find out about P1 and X1 Extreme.  There's not any new firmware for these models (even on our internal server) but I don't know if that means "not affected" or "fix not ready from Intel yet".

freddellmeister
802.11n
Views: 488
Message 5 of 8

On E570 with USB-C and a Microsoft HDMI adapter for 4k@60Hz the machine does not bring up the display after it has been turned off due to inactivity most of the time. I wonder if there is some kind of microcode upgrade that could affect this. The same HDMI cable attached directly to the E570 never has the same issue. But then again I can't do 4k@60Hz. I spoecifically selected a high quality HDMI adapter and somewhat disappointed.

freddellmeister
802.11n
Views: 485
Message 6 of 8

@someotherguy wrote:

E570 doesn't have thunderbolt.  P51 will be rolling out soon.  The new firmware was released to the support website last week and it usually takes 7-10 days after that to show up on System Update.  P50 isn't listed in the advisory so I assume it is not affected, but I'm trying to confirm this.  P50 has thunderbolt, but is not affected by this problem.

Thanks for the update, really appreciated.

Tordormore
Blue Screen Again
Views: 455
Message 7 of 8

Any idea on the p52s?  Still says pending and this issue is a major damper on productivity.

Michael-P1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 364
Message 8 of 8

Having major issues with everything connected via thunderbolt on my P1 - so - if anyone knows if we're getting a fix as well, I'd be glad to hear about it

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors