cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BEK477
Punch Card
Views: 315
Message 1 of 3

Display malfunction: Jumping display on internal LCD monitor. Picture gyrates and 'fizzes'

During a  upgrading of my Windows Vista 64 OS update installation the process was interrupted by a power off / termination event. When I re-booted the display screen went all crazy.. The screened is filled with thin lines running horizontally across the screen in the upper thrid o the display picture. The bottom half-inch of the screen is whitened out.

The center band stretching the width of the screen is displaying the normal desktop. However the picture vibrates and shifts constantly.

Is this a driver issue? A BIOS issue? A Vista issue? A LCD screen panel issue? What do I do to fix it? Its like everything is in motion and off-center at the same time.

Please advise me soonest. I will try to capture some screen shots and post them later.

Thanks, BEK477

kirayamato26
Token Ring
Views: 309
Message 2 of 3

Re: Display malfunction: Jumping display on internal LCD monitor. Picture gyrates and 'fizzes'

Does it only occur in Windows or does it occur in other places too? If it is just Windows, you likely corrupted something.
BEK477
Punch Card
Views: 289
Message 3 of 3

Re: Display malfunction: Jumping display on internal LCD monitor. Picture gyrates and 'fizzes'

No. The malfunction occurs during all phases of operation:

1. BIOS startup,

2. POST

3. Windows Start up

4. Sign on

5. Desktop

6.During application opperations

7. During web browser use.

I can not determine whether or not the problem is a hardward issue, a software issue or a combination of the two issues.

Since the problem manifested itself after I had abruptly interrupted a Windows Vista 64 Crtitical Update I hqave assumed that the issue is a software one. But I could be in error.

Thanks,

BEK477

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors