Options

20 Posts

01-17-2010

USA

41 Signins

556 Page Views

• Views: 556
  • Message 1 of 3

Display malfunction: Jumping display on internal LCD monitor. Picture gyrates and 'fizzes'

2011-08-22, 23:09 PM

During a  upgrading of my Windows Vista 64 OS update installation the process was interrupted by a power off / termination event. When I re-booted the display screen went all crazy.. The screened is filled with thin lines running horizontally across the screen in the upper thrid o the display picture. The bottom half-inch of the screen is whitened out.

The center band stretching the width of the screen is displaying the normal desktop. However the picture vibrates and shifts constantly.

Is this a driver issue? A BIOS issue? A Vista issue? A LCD screen panel issue? What do I do to fix it? Its like everything is in motion and off-center at the same time.

Please advise me soonest. I will try to capture some screen shots and post them later.

Thanks, BEK477

Options

167 Posts

06-05-2011

Canada

1775 Signins

3923 Page Views

• Views: 3923
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Display malfunction: Jumping display on internal LCD monitor. Picture gyrates and 'fizzes'

2011-08-23, 1:05 AM
Does it only occur in Windows or does it occur in other places too? If it is just Windows, you likely corrupted something.
Options

20 Posts

01-17-2010

USA

41 Signins

556 Page Views

• Views: 556
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Display malfunction: Jumping display on internal LCD monitor. Picture gyrates and 'fizzes'

2011-08-25, 20:35 PM

No. The malfunction occurs during all phases of operation:

1. BIOS startup,

2. POST

3. Windows Start up

4. Sign on

5. Desktop

6.During application opperations

7. During web browser use.

I can not determine whether or not the problem is a hardward issue, a software issue or a combination of the two issues.

Since the problem manifested itself after I had abruptly interrupted a Windows Vista 64 Crtitical Update I hqave assumed that the issue is a software one. But I could be in error.

Thanks,

BEK477

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save