Options

1 Posts

12-20-2019

US

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 2

Does New Hardware Install Void Warranty?

2019-12-20, 16:42 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Joshua and I have a question regarding the Lenovo warranties and hardware installation.  I see that this question has been asked in some form or another before, but I wanted to ask specifically for my case just to make sure.  I recently purchased the Lenovo Thinkpad P1 Gen 2.  I needed the computer for some research I am doing, and needed it quickly so I ordered a base unit with the idea of upgrading it myself.  I purchased the 1 year on-site warranty upgrade and the 1 year accidental protection.  My question is, if I install more RAM and a second SSD will my warranty be voided?  Thanks for your time! 

Options

1756 Posts

07-22-2010

US

9629 Signins

159602 Page Views

• Views: 159602
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Does New Hardware Install Void Warranty?

2019-12-20, 18:52 PM

Welcome to the forums.  Warranty is not voided.  Obviously any damage you cause during the upgrade will not be covered or the part you install causes a problem that wont be covered either.  The manual has instructions for upgrading too.

Plus page 50 of the manual shows that those parts are "CRU" customer replaceable unit.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/p1_gen2_x1extreme_hmm_v1.pdf

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save