cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mailclw
Paper Tape
Views: 2,416
Message 1 of 5

Does anyone one how on-site repair service works?

Hi

My Thinkpad P50 has some keyboard problems. One key is signification failed to work as normal key and doesn't bounce back well.  My laptop came with 3yr on-site warranty (still 700+ day left). 

I requested warranty repqir by MTSA(managed technical support access), however, 

lenovo sent me a email with a file which taught me how to return a machine to repair.

I replied and told lenovo my warranty is "on-site" on MTSA. Unfortunately I still have a box today.

Does anyone know how "on-site" warranty goes? In my opinion, lenovo shall send a technicain to repair on site, isn't it?

Thank you very much.

improwise
HDMI
Views: 2,375
Message 2 of 5

Re: Does anyone one how on-site repair service works?

Unless you live in a very remote area or something, I would require onsite repair that is actual onsite or require a refund.

blgaarder
Paper Tape
Views: 2,333
Message 3 of 5

I was told by IBM (Lenovo) support that a tech only came out for problems that couldn't be fixed with a customer replaceable unit.

A keyboard would be a CRU, unless you can't do it.

I don't know why they would say that you need to send the unit to depot repair.

I got a manager's e-mail address for "not satisfied" issues with a CRU.

Id you wish, I can dig it up.

practical
802.11n
Views: 2,324
Message 4 of 5

Seems odd to me as well.  Onsite means just that; a tech should come to your site  and do the repair.  Unless there is some compelling reason why they cannot (and this should have been explained to you), if you log a repair, the parts should be ordered and a tech dispatched to do the installation.  If you have some commercial variant of normal onsite service, perhaps the rules might be different.

I've had a keyboard replaced on my P70 recently (at my home) by the service department and was completely satisfied with the responsiveness and quality of service -- call was logged on a Friday late afternoon and repair done on Monday.

If Lenovo cannot honor their committment, at the very least you should receive an appropriate refund or other consideration.  Having to do the repair yourself makes little sense.

Paper Tape
Views: 2,311
Message 5 of 5

My service call was for the power adapter.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors