cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odave
Paper Tape
Views: 189
Message 1 of 8

Dumb question- how to turn it on with the lid closed?

I really tried hard to find an up-to-date simple answer to this question and I know it has been asked so many times but: How can I turn on the ThinkPad P52 without opening the lid? It is normally used as a desktop hooked up to an external monitor via mini displayport and AC power. Also have a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Setting for "when I close the lid": nothing, nothing. After awhile it goes into a deep sleep- possibly off.  What is the trick to turn it back on? Windows setting? Getting a dock?

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 182
Message 2 of 8

Re: Dumb question- how to turn it on with the lid closed?

A dock is an option.  I don't have a P52 to test but there is a BIOS option under config/power to power on when a/c is attached.  If it were mine, I would try unplugging and then attaching the power adapter.  It works in my x1 yoga gene3, which is the same generation.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 167
Message 3 of 8

Have you tried setting the power state of the USB ports so they remain powered when the laptop goes to sleep, because if you USB ports power off the USB dongle for the keyboard and mouse, they cannot wake it back up form sleep or hibernation.     

Capture.JPG

If that does not resolve it, you may also have to go through the USB Hubs under the Universal Serial Bus controllers via Device Manager, and from the Power Management tab, make sure that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked".

Capture.JPG

Best of luck,

odave
Paper Tape
Views: 136
Message 4 of 8

Thank you! That might work although unplugging and plugging in every time is not ideal.
odave
Paper Tape
Views: 136
Message 5 of 8

OK I changed all those settings- I will see how it works. Thank you!
Highlighted
odave
Paper Tape
Views: 132
Message 6 of 8

OK, still it did not work. The p52 is definitely hibernating, even though there is no setting that I can find that is making it do that (only sleep) A dock may be the only option.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 126
Message 7 of 8

You can disable hibernation via the Advanced Power Settings

Capture.JPG

Or configure hibernation via a Command Prompt (admin) with the following command(s)

powercfg /h off

powercfg /h on

Best of luck,

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 123
Message 8 of 8

Another thing to check is in Device Manager under the Human Interface Devices section.

Look for HID-Complient consumer interface device and HID-compliant system controller, and under the Power Management tab make sure that "Allow this device to wake computer" is checked.

Best of luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors