Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpazmvd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,871
Message 1 of 3

Ericsson f3507g Broadband mini Card on w500

Hi Everybody!!

Finally I purchased the Lenovo w500 notebook and I'm really happy with this product.
I have one question about using the Ericsson f3507g Broadband mini Card to connect to a 3G network outside United states.
The notebook i have purchased came with the AT&T broadband.
Of course I can´t use it because I'm outside united states. So, I would like to use it with my 3g internet connection.
I've tried to set up the connection but I had no success.
I can only connet throught GPRS/EDGE but not to the 3g network using my SIM card.
I have read a lot of information over internet but it is not clear.
As I told, I can connect to edge using Access Connection but not to 3g despite the signal strenght is very good.
I also tried to set up a dial uo connection and connect directly without using access connection, but I had no success. The dial up connection try to connect but it is not possible.
Can someone help me about this issue?
I don't know what else to do!
Thank you in advance!
Marcelo
OrosAraba
Punch Card
Views: 1,833
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ericsson f3507g Broadband mini Card on w500

Depending on your provider, you might have something that is 3g, but in your area doesn't support it.

For example, when I'm on holiday in Finland, Finland has 3g providers, but where I'm located "at the cottage at the lake" I'm connected to a mast that only supports GPRS/edge. The area is not very populated, thus they haven't upgraded that mast yet, they start with dense populated area-masts and work their way down, or maybe they just decided that the traffic on this mast is enough for it to be updated etc. Here at home in Denmark, I have 3g connection because my everyday home is located in a populated area, and my local mast does in fact support 3g.

Anyway, try searching for a coverage map from your provider, maybe your local mast isn't able to give you 3g connections at all.

Message Edited by OrosAraba on 26-03-2009 09:07 AM
mpazmvd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,819
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ericsson f3507g Broadband mini Card on w500

Thank you very much. I know that but it's not the case.

I'm at home and connected to a 3g internet network throught my 3g usb modem. I know that becasuse of the speed that is more thar 2.1 mb/s. So, this network should be 3g.

Thank you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors