cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geophyte1
SCSI Port
Views: 184
Message 1 of 3

ExpressCache Thinks the Computer Has Not been Rebooted after Uninstalling - W541 - Windows 10

I was following instructions found on Solution to this post

"Re: Y500 - How do I tell if automatic SSD cache is working?" 
I uninstalled ExpressCache using Control Panel and then uninstalled the partition on the 16GB SDD and rebooted the computer.  I then started the installation using ExpressCache_x64_118.exe.  After a few steps a message popped up saying I had not rebooted the computer after the last ExpressCache uninstall.

I proceeded to reboot and try the exe at least two more times to no avail.  I have looked in the Registry for an uninstall for ExpressCache but none of the items in the uninstall folder concern ExpressCache.  I also looked at Program files and deleted the Conducive folder after receiving the first error message.

I'd appreciate knowing what my next step should be.

thanks

Geophyte1
W700ds 2757-CTO
Highlighted
ve2mrx
802.11n
Views: 139
Message 2 of 3

Re: ExpressCache Thinks the Computer Has Not been Rebooted after Uninstalling - W541 - Windows 10

Hi!
Did you shutdown/power on or reboot? Windows behaves differently if I think "Fast Boot" is enabled in Control Panel > Power.

I'm going from memory, I'm not in front of my machine. This is not exact, but near.

Martin
I'm a user, NOT a Lenovo employee. If my post helped, consider giving me a Kudos. If I solved your issue, please mark it as Solved.
P52 I7-8750H P1000 FHD 16GB 512GB-SSD 1TB-HDD
Geophyte1
SCSI Port
Views: 130
Message 3 of 3

Re: ExpressCache Thinks the Computer Has Not been Rebooted after Uninstalling - W541 - Windows 10

I know I did both yesterday but don't strictly remember if I restarted when I was trying to get ExpressCache to work.

When I read you post I "restarted" rather than shut down and tried the ExpressCache install again and it seems to have worked.

Thank you for the post.

Geophyte1
W700ds 2757-CTO

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors