cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirk200
Paper Tape
Views: 1,557
Message 1 of 6

Feature Request - Lenovo P1 mobile workstation - support Lenovo Display Optimizer applet

We have purchased several new Lenovo P1 mobile workstations and Lenovo X1 Extreme notebooks - they're very similar and working well for our needs.  One question/feature request - can we get the Lenovo Display Optimizer applet that controls the color gamut on the X1E updated to also support the P1?  Both of the models we purchased have the 4K UHD displays - why doesn't the P1 support this application?  Thanks!

- Kirk

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,508
Message 2 of 6

Re: Feature Request - Lenovo P1 mobile workstation - support Lenovo Display Optimizer applet

I don't have a good answer except to tell you that the ThinkPad marketing team only requested Display Optimizer support on the X1 product line (including X1 Extreme) and not on the P1.  But if you install it on the P1, it should work.

kirk200
Paper Tape
Views: 1,504
Message 3 of 6

Re: Feature Request - Lenovo P1 mobile workstation - support Lenovo Display Optimizer applet

Thanks for the reply - I did manage to (very manually) install the applet - had to unravel the installer in order to get to a Windows .CAB file.  I ran the setup from there and the app is installed and runs, but none of the color gamut changes make any visible difference.  If I run the Lenovo installer natively it doesn't actually install the app (it appears to just delete the temp files).  So, I tried that, no joy.  Hopefully the P1 team can look into this and find the (small?) update needed to make the installer work properly on the P1.  Thanks!

spocko
SCSI Port
Views: 1,490
Message 4 of 6

I will second this feature request.

Some related discussion in this thread:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-Display-Optimizer/m-p/4377569

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,479
Message 5 of 6

I will pass along your request to the ThinkPad marketing team, but honestly, I'm not hopeful about this request.  I can't think of why the software wouldn't work as-is though.  You did the right thing to extract the .cab and get to the real setup.exe, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.  Do you get the menu to Set the color setting when you right-click on the desktop?

Highlighted
kirk200
Paper Tape
Views: 1,455
Message 6 of 6

Yes, if I enable the right click context menu I do get options - but none of them actually change the color of the 4K UHD display.  Thanks for passing along this community request to the Lenovo workstation marketing team.  I work for Intel, and the Lenovo workstation team is my customer - so I'm going to make a personal request to them as well.  No need for the X1E to outshine the P1 on any feature, right?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors