cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SenorGizmo
Paper Tape
Views: 353
Message 1 of 3

Fingerprint Reader Not Working on Boot - LOCKED OUT!

Hi All,

I recently (about a month ago) was one of the unlucky fellows who had microsoft sneak the windows 10 upgrade onto my W530 laptop. 

Long story short, everything seemed to be OK, with the occasional blip with the fingerprint reader when I had to manually enter my windows password. However, on a hard boot, the fingerprint reader always worked, which was critical as my computer has 2 passwords on start up that I do not remember and thus had always relied on a swipe of my finger. 

Well that all changed yesterday. I was in windows when my computer crashed. Upon start up, i was immediately asked to enter in my supervisor/bios password without getting the chance to finger swipe. After multiple reboots, the same. The fingerprint reader wont turn on any more and I am locked out my my laptop. 

Can anyone please help? anyway to get the fingerprint reader to switch back on???

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 325
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fingerprint Reader Not Working on Boot - LOCKED OUT!

There is no real solution to losing the supervisor password

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
retulloss
What's DOS?
Views: 177
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fingerprint Reader Not Working on Boot - LOCKED OUT!

Locked out of my brand new Lenovo Thinkpad P51.  I am not recognized by the fingerprint reader and had not yet given myself a pin or password. 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors