Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hola_adios
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,165
Message 1 of 3

Fingerprint and Sound problems - P70

So I am going insane with these two problems, so any help is greatly appreciated.

1- Recently, I almost lost the sound that goes through my external microphone. Strangely enough I cannot see the device on the "recording devices section", in there I can only see the realtek high definition audio device. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers without much luck. When I test the microphone the levels are clearly low for both the internal and external devices, I have also disabled all enhancements and sound quality is down to the lowest setting.

2- In the same manner the fingerprint device decided to stop working, I keep getting the "I need to create a pin" message when I have already got a pin, I have verified my Windows 10 account. I went through the BIOS and removed all fingerprints, created them again. Reinstalled drivers and still not joy.

Thanks

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,067
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fingerprint and Sound problems - P70

hola_adios

I can help with your issue #2.

If you get a message like "you need to create a PIN", even though you have already created a PIN, this issue is caused by a bug in the Intel ME firmware.  The easiest way to avoid this problem is:

1. Reboot to BIOS Setup
  2. Go to the Security -> Security Chip
  3. Change the "Security Chip Selection" from "Intel PTT" to "Discrete TPM"
  4. Press F10 to save and exit

Note that if you are using BitLocker encryption, this will result in a prompt for your recovery key.

You may also need to recreate a PIN and/or re-enroll fingerprint one last time.  But once you are using the Discrete TPM, you should not experience this problem anymore.

The other solution is to update the Intel ME firmware but the fixed version is not released yet.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes.  Sorry for this trouble.

hola_adios
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,050
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fingerprint and Sound problems - P70

OK, that worked for the fingerprint reader!! Much appreciated. I had to remove my pin and fingerprints, and then create them again but that is the easy part.

Regarding the sound, I have now tried with 3 different sets of headphones which work in another systems, so this is certainly either a driver problem or a port problem, hoping for the first.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors