Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joy17
Paper Tape
Views: 843
Message 1 of 7

Fingerprint scanner stops working daily

HELP!!! My fingerprint scanner stopped working after the Windows update last week. I was able to go into my device manager and do the roll back. It worked for 2 days then stopped again. I went back in and the roll back was now greyed out so I did the update on the driver and again, it worked for 2 days. Now for the last 3 days, every time I turn on my computer the fingerprint reader is not working. Any solutions for a long term fix?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 840
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fingerprint scanner stops working daily

Hello and welcome,

It may help others to help you if you specify what laptop, what operating system, etc...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Joy17
Paper Tape
Views: 838
Message 3 of 7

That would be helpful, lol. I have a Thinkpad P71 workstation

ccdennis
What's DOS?
Views: 717
Message 4 of 7

Same for me. Started in May. Has had drivers etc. reset several time by Lenovo service hotline. Bloody frustrating.

X280, Windows10

Have been using Thinkpads for 15 years... guess it is time to change.
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 668
Message 5 of 7

Is there any error showing in Device Manager in the Biometric Devices category?

Can you give more details about the problem you are having?  Is the fingerprint reader totally dead, or is it just not recognizing your fingerprint?

THGavroche
What's DOS?
Views: 623
Message 6 of 7

I got the same problem. The fingerprint reader is ineffective daily. I got X1C6 with Win10 Pro.

W540-1984
What's DOS?
Views: 376
Message 7 of 7

I updated the fingerprint reader and also the BIOS through Lenovo Vantage and that fixed the issue for me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors