Options

7 Posts

08-06-2016

US

10 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 11 of 17

Re: Fingerprint sign-on option disappeared after firmware update to fix HDMI problem

2018-06-04, 13:53 PM

I'm glad this worked for you.  This worked for me a few months ago.  But then I got another Windows update, and it stopped working and this time it didn't come back after I went through the steps you identified.  (Which I've done about a dozen times now.)

You also might want to mention to people that in order to see the Device Manager with the Biometric Devices listed you have to go to the CONTROL PANEL or type DEVICE MANAGER.  You can't use the Devices that appears in the Settings in Windows 10 because it doesn't show the device manager, and that's what appears when you just type Devices. 

I'm still waiting for the answer, and haven't been able to use my fingerprint authentication for a couple of months now. :-(

Options

3 Posts

01-10-2018

AT

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 12 of 17

Re: Fingerprint sign-on option disappeared after firmware update to fix HDMI problem

2018-06-07, 19:40 PM

Hi,

since the newest Windows Update in May, the same problem occurred on my P51.

I tried all said solutions, but none did help.

Thanks for your help, but still waiting for an solution...

Options

5 Posts

12-16-2018

NO

7 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 13 of 17

2018-12-16, 17:43 PM

I am facing the same issue.It was working and suddenly it stopped working and option is no longer available.

Were you able to resolve the issue ?

Options

7 Posts

08-06-2016

US

10 Signins

49 Page Views

• Message 14 of 17

2018-12-16, 20:45 PM

To answer your question, no, I have never been able to resolve the issue.  I cannot use my fingerprint sign-on at all.  If I removed all the firmware updates, including the much-needed HDMI fix, then my fingerprint scanner begins to work again.  However, since I need the HDMI fix more than I need the fingerprint sign-on, I choose to keep the updates and just enter my password instead of using the fingerprint scanner to login.

If you hear of anyone being able to fix the fingerprint sign-on without sacrificing all the firmware updates, then please let me know about it. 

Options

5 Posts

12-16-2018

NO

7 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 15 of 17

Fingerprint sign-on option disappeared

2019-04-22, 10:17 AM

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS120295

I can see the above updates for fingerprint drivers for other devices.

I am facing an issue with fingerprint scanner.

Is there any updates for Flex 5-1470 (Type 81C9) Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 81C9.

i have tried unistall and re-install the drivers multiple times.No solutions.

Options

7 Posts

08-06-2016

US

10 Signins

49 Page Views

• Message 16 of 17

Re: Fingerprint sign-on option disappeared

2019-04-22, 13:11 PM

I've been watching this thread since the beginning - ever since my fingerprint sign-on stopped working.  I've spent weeks trying to get it to work, and rebooted, updated firmware, updated drivers - you name it, I tried it.

Nothing has worked. 

I've given up on the fingerprint sign-on and just switched to the pin number, which is at least a little easier than the password since I have a very strong (i.e. long) password. 

And in my mind I have greatly downgraded Lenovo support.  I initially thought they would be better at customer support than the rest, but they are not.  Since my computer is out of warranty, I'm out of luck.  If it were in warranty, they'd send me a new one, but then I'd have to restore from backup which would take waaayy too much time in my busy life.  Not worth it for a fingerprint sign-on.  Especially since they can't guarantee that it wouldn't stop working again. It is most likely that some program I have installed is incompatible (but of course, they don't know which one, although I think it is the HDMI driver since it was that "fix" that caused my fingerprint scanner to stop working).

Peace

CJ

Options

5 Posts

12-16-2018

NO

7 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 17 of 17

Re: Fingerprint sign-on option disappeared

2019-04-22, 18:52 PM
ya..i am also feeling so frustrated.
I am not sure if it is only Flex 5 devices or others too.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save