Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peri
Punch Card
Views: 662
Message 1 of 4

Flood my W500

My w500 got flooded with pineapple juice last night.  I imidiately remove the battery and then wash it with fresh water.  It was in my water proof bag when it happened and half of the computer from the palmrest up to the keyboard was soaked in juice for about 30 minutes.  After washing it with fresh water, I removed the hard drive and ram modules, dry it in room temperature for the night.  In the morning I put it under the sun from 9 am to 12 noon.  I called the lenovo support here in PH and told me to bring it in.  I did, they clean it there and made sure it was dry.  It started and load windows 7.  There are still problems, one is the screen have watermarks in it.  The technician said it will fade overtime after it is completely dry.  2nd, is the battery, it does not work anymore. 3rd is it keeps on going to the setup mode on startup.  The date is 000000 and also the time.  So I have to enter the date and time almost every time I turn it on.  I purchased this from the US and now I am using it here in the Philippines.  The US warranty is expired already, but should I send it to the states to have it fixed?  Or just wait untill its fully dried for it to work the same as before?

Thinkpad W500 4058 CTO/ 4gig ram/500 gig 7200 rpm/ windows 7 professional 64.
oracledba01
Paper Tape
Views: 648
Message 2 of 4

Re: Flood my W500

There is a battery on the mother board responsible for keeping date, time, etc. Just as you ruined the main battery with liquid the same thing happened to the battery on the mother board.  If you feel competent to change it out then you'll be golden.  If not, take it to a repair center and they can change it for you.  Actually, I'm surprised they didn't do this when you brought it in the first time.  Good luck.

peri
Punch Card
Views: 606
Message 3 of 4

Thanks oracle!  I will send it back to the service center.  I need to have the board checked.  It is now shuting down on its own.. 

peri
Punch Card
Views: 551
Message 4 of 4

Need help on my W 500 damaged board.  Is ther anybody who knows where I can get one and for how much?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors