Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stanlep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 226
Message 1 of 2

Fn Keys not working

I have the W530 laptop I bought around 2013. It came with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit installed, the Lenovo modified Win 7 version. I just put in a SSD and installed Win 7 Prof 64-bit from a Microsoft install disk. I went online and found the driver for the WiFi which is

nz1w303w_64.exe.

I executed this file and now I have internet access and it is working without any problem.

I also found PROWin64legacy.exe. I thought I needed it but probably do not. I executed it before I realized I might not need it.

I executed systemupdate502-04-11-2013.exe. I know there is a more current update, but unless there is a reason to execute it, this should work because everything has been working okay with this older update program.

I installed .net framework 4.5.2.

I thought I had done everything I needed to do, but none of the Fn keys work. Is there a driver I need to download and execute?

Also, at least one of the display settings is not working. If I go into Control Panel and click on Personalization and then click on "Window Color" at the bottom of the page a box comes up that allows me to change colors of various things. One of the choices is the color for "Window". When I set the color for Window, the background color of Control Panel should become this color, but it does not. There must be some other drivers I need to install or settings I need to make. Does anyone know what these could be?

Stanlep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 192
Message 2 of 2

Re: Fn Keys not working

After I sent this message the idea came to me to go to Lenovo's web site and look for drivers for the W530. I found one for hot keys, downloaded it and installed it, but the Fn keys still did not work. Last night I decided, as a last resort, to download the updates for Win 7. I downloaded the ones flagged as important, one of which was a SP1 update. This also did not work. This morning I downloaded the Recommended ones and to my surprise that worked. Now the Fn keys work. I really needed the Fn keys for dimming and brightening the screen because it was way too bright.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors