Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SystemGuru
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,175
Message 1 of 7

For P51, RAID using two SSD M.2 PCIe NVMe ... Windows / Linux / VMware drivers

Hi, what is the RAID controller on the P51, and where to find drivers for it for Windows 10, Linux and VMware? (I could only find a user, on some forum, posting driver for Windows 10, but I prefer to download them from the source).

Guru
Views: 2,151
Message 2 of 7

Re: For P51, RAID using two SSD M.2 PCIe NVMe ... Windows / Linux / VMware drivers

Did you get a chance to look at the support site specifically the driver section?  Is this what you are looking for?

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-P-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-P...

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Console with Device Driver (for RAID systems) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad P51 (Machine types: 20HH, 20HJ), P71 (Machine types: 20HK, 20HL)

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

SystemGuru
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,145
Message 3 of 7

Re: For P51, RAID using two SSD M.2 PCIe NVMe ... Windows / Linux / VMware drivers

You're right, thank you Smiley Happy ... the link you provided does offer 2 downlaods (only the one you mentioned works) ... that when extracted and copied to the installation media, one can browse to, when asked to "load drivers", and it would work for Windows 10.

Any suggestion for Linux/VMware (Hypervisor)?

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
SystemGuru
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,127
Message 4 of 7

PS: for the installation to succeed the "Secure Boot" needs to be disabled from the BIOS/Setup (F1 to enter Setup).

GTgamo
Token Ring
Views: 1,809
Message 5 of 7

Detailed instructions clearly outlined here.

P51 P71 Intel RST raid drivers

Did you find any useful information? Everyone in the Lenovo forums can thank other members by clicking on the kudos star to the lower left.

chukwe
SCSI Port
Views: 1,789
Message 6 of 7

Is RAID Configuration faster than non-RAID?

GTgamo
Token Ring
Views: 1,757
Message 7 of 7

It depends on what type of RAID you setup - 0 is a stripped array (Use this for speed) 1 is a mirrored array. (Use this for redundancy)

Did you find any useful information? Everyone in the Lenovo forums can thank other members by clicking on the kudos star to the lower left.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors