Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enqueue
Punch Card
Views: 234
Message 1 of 4

Get the games back in Windows 7 Pro

I did a factory DVD disk restore and noticed that the games were not there (Solitaire, Hearts etc).

To enable the games in Windows 7 Pro just open the Control Panel > Programs and Features.

In the left side pane, click Turn Windows Features on or off. Now in the window that pops up, look for and then expand Games and then select the games you want or select all.

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 223
Message 2 of 4

Re: Get the games back in Windows 7 Pro

Now tell everyone how to get the Win 7 versions of the games loaded into Win 10! Thats going to be a popular one.

Enqueue
Punch Card
Views: 187
Message 3 of 4

I’m putting off the windows 10 experience for as long as possible.

Perhaps someone will try this out and report back with info on how well the games work.

I have heard that the native win10 games run advertisements.

http://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_7_games_for_windows_10.html

Major Geeks is a old and trusty site.. I would be interested in how well these work, if they do I will get them for my mother in-law who is afflicted with Win10.

SeniorGuru
Views: 170
Message 4 of 4

Not from MS, but this YouTube video provides instruction on getting the installer for Win7 games into Win10 1803 and newer from the Winaero blog site.

The instructions tell you exactly which links on the Winaero page you should click on, and avoid others... just to be sure that you might not accidentally wander off into an unapproved site.  The video runs from step first to last, and certainly seems to accomplish the objective.  Seems 100% legit.

I haven't used this myself, since I don't need games... even those few from MS Win7 I actually might have played once or twice.  But the video instructions are really nothing more than following the instructions on the actual Winaero page itself, and making a video of it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors