Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raford
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,365
Message 1 of 4

Gobi 5000 card GPS doesn't work.

I cannot find a GPS signal with a Gobi 5000 card, although the Gobi website plainly says the card it supposed to broadcast a GPS signal.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?  My software (Delorme Street Atlas USA and Microsoft Streets and Trips) each say there is no GPS device,.  The software definitely finds a USB GPS device, but not the built-in Gobi GPS. The Gobi 4000 software came with GPB enabler software, but I cannot find similar software for the Gobi 5000.

ravfox
Paper Tape
Views: 1,301
Message 2 of 4

Re: Gobi 5000 card GPS doesn't work.

I have the identical problem. Lenovo tech support has no idea what to ay about it. It has been suggested that my WWAN card needs to be activated with my wireless provider in case that "turns on" the GPS, but that strikes me as patently ridiculous.  I have reference in Device Mgr to a Sierra Wireless Location Sensor, but it is not associated with a COM port, and no software seems able to find it. This is profoundly annoying.

Raford
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,248
Message 3 of 4

Can this be fixed??? No one from Lenovo has responded to the question about WHERE is the Gob 5000 GPS??

TaG99
Paper Tape
Views: 948
Message 4 of 4

Same here: gobi 5000 works great with my LTe operator, but GPs sensor does not seem to participate in any kind of geolocation systems.

Is ther any software to try this sensor (as said before avaliable in windows device manager).

Hey LENOVO????

wake up!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors