Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-05-2009

london

3 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 16

HELP HELP FOR ThinkPad W700 Color Calibration (HueyPRO)

2009-06-05, 4:34 AM

HI dudes

I got my W700DS 2757 E9J. My latop have panColsensor with HueyPRO software.After  reinstalled the vista  ultimate  64 system.it dont work.I download the HueyPRO 1.16 and run it. when I shut down the cover of lotap ,the colour Calibration  will not happen,and all computer is totally going sleep. I am waiting for a long time,it is still nothing happen.I try so many time,but every time the machine is go to sleep.

is there anyone can help me ? thanks a lot !!

Options

6 Posts

06-21-2009

Greenville, SC

12 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 2 of 16

Re: HELP HELP FOR ThinkPad W700 Color Calibration (HueyPRO)

2009-06-21, 22:36 PM
I have exactly the same problem.  I change the Power Option setting to "Do Nothing" when the lid closes and now the system does not sleep.  But HueyPRO keeps waiting for the lid to close.
Options

58 Posts

05-27-2009

Boston, MA

51 Signins

707 Page Views

• Views: 707
  • Message 3 of 16

2009-08-15, 19:31 PM
goldx3 and cosooner,
I have exactly the same problem repeatedly. Previously my HueyPro worked correctly, I am a Vista 64 bit SP1 user wit 8 GB memory. I have not made any known changes to the system except ThinkVantage System Update installed itself. Note that I am SP1.

Any new insight not posted?
Jim
Options

58 Posts

05-27-2009

Boston, MA

51 Signins

707 Page Views

• Message 4 of 16

2009-08-19, 1:34 AM

An update 18Aug09 … HueyPro is now working (at least for the moment). 

I have Uninstalled and then Installed the software version 1.16 to no avail several times.  Each Install used a fresh copy of the ver 1.1.6 down loaded from the Lenovo site,  expanded to the default directory listed as “SWTools/Apps/HueyPro116”  then executing from this location the “Lenovo HueyPro Installer (Version 1.1.6).exe” .  Again all this to no avail.  Each time I Uninstalled the softare from the Start/Programs/X-rite/Uninstall selection.

I then was musing down the list of subdirectories of the SWTOOLS/Apps.  There was another directory/folder titled, “X-Rite”.  When I opened that folder there was file labeled, “Lenovo HueyPro Installer (Version 1.1.6).exe”.  I double clicked it to install it.  IT NOW WORKS!

Other problems on the computer are also being addressed right now, so hopefully this resolution sticks.

Jim

Post Script - All problem issues seem resolved and even the speed of boot up and apps is faster now!

jIM

Options

1 Posts

09-10-2009

seattle

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 16

2009-09-11, 0:03 AM

Hey, i've tried all of the above but am still unable to complete a successful calibration. I'm running Windows7 on my W700, could this be the problem? I've tried changing the compatibility for the HueyApp. back to WindowsVista, but this also doesn't seem to work.

My main problem right now is a hideous blue/purple cast on my screen. I'm a pro-photographer and was so excited to get a laptop with a built-in color calibration system!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Options

58 Posts

05-27-2009

Boston, MA

51 Signins

707 Page Views

• Message 6 of 16

2009-09-11, 0:40 AM

Did you ever get it to caIibrate the screen?  I do not know anything about Windows 7 but suspect it is not much different than Vista in this respect. 

I would suggest calling Lenovo Tech Support.  I had to go through the initial tech screening to try this and that, but finally got to a senior tech advisor.  It was then a good discussion although it didn't resolve the problem until I happened to see the X-Rite folder for the Huey software.  Uninstalling the software and then downloading a fresh copy from the lenovo site, expanding it and executing it from the X-Rite folder worked.  That being said though, the senior tech advisor already had shipped an overnight replaccement set of hardware which required a the palm rest assembly replacement and an installation tech had already called to install it.  I held them off for another day to confirm satisfactory operation.

Good luck.

Jim

Options

395 Posts

08-03-2009

UK

1342 Signins

9464 Page Views

• Views: 9464
  • Message 7 of 16

2009-09-11, 17:41 PM

wrote:

Hey, i've tried all of the above but am still unable to complete a successful calibration. I'm running Windows7 on my W700, could this be the problem? I've tried changing the compatibility for the HueyApp. back to WindowsVista, but this also doesn't seem to work.

My main problem right now is a hideous blue/purple cast on my screen. I'm a pro-photographer and was so excited to get a laptop with a built-in color calibration system!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

So, did the calibration fail with an explicit error message from hueyPRO? It happened on my Win7 x64. The way I got around it was to switch the theme to Windows Classic, ran the calibration, and switch back to the aero theme.

Options

6 Posts

06-21-2009

Greenville, SC

12 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 8 of 16

2009-09-11, 17:55 PM

In my situation, there is no error.  Nothing happens when I close the cover.  Everything worked until I upgraded from Vista 32 to Vista 64.  Reinstalling Huey 1.16 does not help.

Options

1 Posts

09-11-2009

N/A

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 9 of 16

7 and had issues with the HueyProRe: HELP HELP FOR ThinkPad W700 Color Calibration (HueyPRO)

2009-09-11, 19:36 PM

So, I installed Windows 7 and had issues with the HueyPro also.  Took me a while to get things working.  Naturally when I installed Windows 7, I let the OS use the drivers that it wanted, so I did not use many of the drivers from Lenovo, just ones that could not be found. 

so after starting, I was able to install HueyPro but it would not run.  After messing with it for a while, I could not get it working.  Then I turned off User Access Control and then re-ran the HueyPro, I was able to get it to start calibrating but it would give me two good chirps and then error out, saying that it could not sense anything. 

Tried various things at this point with the same results (run as administrator, run in Vista mode, run in XP mode, un-installing, and reinstallating)...  Finally I started going through and installing the Lenovo drivers (the digitizer, the video card, and several others).  Finally I was able to do a correct run of Huey and got the program wokring correctly. 

So, in the end I think that you want to use the Lenovo drivers for the digitizer and graphics card.  Then run the program with administrator rights.  You might have to turn off User Access Rights (in the user control panel), run the program, and thne turn it back on if needed.  For me, I have enough issues that do not allow me to run with UAC enabled that I just leave it disabled... 

Hope this helps someone... It took me quite a bit of time to get resolved. 

-Matt

Options

3 Posts

09-08-2008

Denmark

12 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 10 of 16

2009-11-25, 20:44 PM

And I have the same Problem in a fresh Windows 7 Porfessional.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms