cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevin_jarrett
Token Ring
Views: 325
Message 1 of 6

Help Troubleshooting System Hangs (P1, Windows 10)

Hi, my P1 has started freezing up periodically. Like maybe a couple times a week. Any suggestions as to how I might track down the problem?

What's happening is I'm online, working (always in a web browser, I do 99% of my work in Chrome) and the system will just lock hard. No bluescreen. Just frozen. Can only recover with a hard power off.

I'm comfortable examining the logs in Event Viewer but I tried and didn't see anything obvious. Where should I look?

Have not added any new hardware and software, Windows has all its updates, Chrome is the latest version. It's not heat, I rock a tilt/stand with integrated fans. And it's not excessive CPU use, I'm just in Chrome and don't even have a ton of things open.

This is a P1 with 16gb, 8850H, FHD. Win10, all updates.

Thanks in advance!

-kj-
P1: 8850H, FHD, 16gb, 512gb, P2000, IR Camera, Windows 10 Pro
T450s & X201t & M93p, too
Wendel
802.11n
Views: 274
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help Troubleshooting System Hangs (P1, Windows 10)

I have experienced the same problem with an X1 Extreme that uses the same motherboard as the P1. I have scanned Event Viewer and only see the after effect of the lock-up in an Event 41 entry. Others have reported similar lock-up behavior with the X1 Extreme. I have no idea if this lock-up is software or hardware based. Hopefully others can suggest investigative techniques to help isolate the problem.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 270
Message 3 of 6

Hi! Try running the hardware test from the Think Vantage app to make sure there are no hardware problems. If none, run the update then install all available updates. If the issue still persists, provide to us a screenshot of the Performance tab from the task manager.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 264
Message 4 of 6

Can it be interrupted using ctrl-alt-del?  Does the clock in the lower right stop?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
kevin_jarrett
Token Ring
Views: 178
Message 5 of 6

Hi all - sorry for not updating this thread - problem has resolved itself, apparently. Thanks for the replies & effort!
P1: 8850H, FHD, 16gb, 512gb, P2000, IR Camera, Windows 10 Pro
T450s & X201t & M93p, too
Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 167
Message 6 of 6

Good to hear that. Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors