cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nesch52
Blue Screen Again
Views: 149
Message 1 of 3

How to exchange W530 built in Optiarc DVD RW AD-7740H ATA Device against 1 TByte SSD in same slot

Hi ,

I have an Lenovo Thinkpad: W530
Produkt : 244744G
BIOS : G5ETA7WW (2.67 )
Physical Memory : 24.142 MB
attached to a
Docking-Station:
Mini Doc Plus 3 Series Docking-Station with USB 3.0
Typ : 4338

To speed-up my W530

I want to exchange the internal W530- CD0:
"Optiarc DVD RW AD-7740H ATA Device"
against a 1 TByte SSD , which should be installed in the same built-in-DVD-slot.

Is this possible ? Is there a better proposal? Which prerequisites are nescessary?

eg put the Built-In 1 TByte HDD to the DVD-Slot and use the so freed HDD slot for an SSD?

Which 1Tbyte SSD is recomended (can i buy it from any vendor?) Which interface should it have?

and which built-kit or  SSD-Frame can be bought to be used instead of the built in W530 DVD-ATA device?

Can you please lead me to an appropriate SSD-device-link(certified product for 7/24 usage)

and a procedure, how to install and setup the SSD  e.g. in the CD0-slot of my W530

and how 2 transfer my whole Win 7 prof de BootDisk to the new SSD as primary boot device?

I own a Paragon Partition Manager 16 Professional Edition can i use this for the OS-cloning & Data-transfer?
thanks and best regards nesch52

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 85
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to exchange W530 built in Optiarc DVD RW AD-7740H ATA Device against 1 TByte SSD in same sl

Hi nesch52!

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It's possible to put your built in HDD to the CD/DVD slot. You just need to have a HDD caddy because it seems like the CD/DVD bay is 12.5-12.7mm in size (see video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCV452OgNkw&list=PLtVgy5UPCu-fwJKDfJKR5a_4wTD0k9_Xf&index=6&t=0s). 

Once you do that, you can install a SATA SSD to the hard drive slot. You can check the Lenovo Forums Thread here https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Replace-hard-drive-with-SSD-on-W530/td-p... for more discussion.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

nesch52
Blue Screen Again
Views: 65
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to exchange W530 built in Optiarc DVD RW AD-7740H ATA Device against 1 TByte SSD in same sl

Thanks 2you both, for your helpful hints and good description & links!!!!, I hope i will find those mentioned & according Parts in the Lenovo shop to fit into the CD/DVD-slot with the appropriate spacings!! Very good support!!!best regards nesch52

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors