Options

9 Posts

08-05-2018

TH

16 Signins

175 Page Views

• Views: 175
  • Message 1 of 3

I am very hesitant to update my P52 and also not sure I'll miss any important update or not. ><

2019-04-22, 13:12 PM

At the first time I bought my P52. It comes with no problem.

But after I update it, it has many problem such as 3 times boot, IM software can't found and etc.

Then I found the solution from this community (thank you so much) and my loved P52 come back again.

Now everything has no problem. so when lenovo or Microsoft releases any update. 

I am very hesitant to update my P52 and also not sure I'll miss any important update or not. ><

How about you guys? 

Solved! See the solution
Options

2217 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4761 Signins

47751 Page Views

• Views: 47751
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: I am very hesitant to update my P52 and also not sure I'll miss any important update or not. &gt

2019-04-22, 13:45 PM

I'm still a subscriber to the theory "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Whether it's OS updates for my iPhone or software updates for my computers, I tend to wait. Been burned too many times. In fact, I'm a bit annoyed with Windows 10 in that you can't stop the updates. I rarely update my Windows 7 machines in that everything works just fine. I'll wait until an update has been in the wind for months before applying it just to make sure.

Security updates are pretty important. Driver updates, not so much unless you're experiencing an issue.  BIOS updates are almost always a good thing, but still worth investigating before applying. 

I hope this helps.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1894 Posts

07-22-2010

US

9830 Signins

164587 Page Views

• Views: 164587
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: I am very hesitant to update my P52 and also not sure I'll miss any important update or not. &gt

2019-04-22, 13:47 PM

Personally if everything works I do not update unless a update fixes something specific I am having a problem with.  I read the readme file notes first.  Even then I wait at least 2-3 weeks after Lenovo releases a software update via Vantage before I consider doing the update.  That way I can see if people mention problems on the forum with the update.  

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
T14, T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete