Did you mean: 
Highlighted
davidbeaty
Punch Card
Views: 522
Message 1 of 15

Integrated Camera not working?

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad P70, running Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. If I try and use any app that wants to use the integrated web cam, I get the initial image of whatever the camera is looking at, the green LED next to camera comes on, then goes off and the image if frozen.

I've tried a couple of different apps and they all exhibit the same issue.

Within Device manager, the "Cameras>Integrated Camera" doesn't show as a problem, device status "This device is working properly". Driver details:

Realtek

14/03/2018

Both Windows Update and Lenovo Vantage don't show any kind of driver update for it - I haven't used the Integrated Camera in some time, so I don't actually know when it stopped working.

Can anyone advise on what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks

DBT

P70, Windows 10 Pro, Xeon E3-1505M, 64Gb, 512Gb SSD, 512Gb HDD
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 482
Message 2 of 15

Re: Integrated Camera not working?

Hello davidbeaty!
Sorry to hear about your camera. Could you open the Lenovo Vantage app again and make sure the camera's privacy mode is off. Here are the steps.
>Open Hardware Settings and select Audio/Visual.
>Scroll down to Camera Privacy Mode and note the setting it's on.
>If the setting is ON, switch it to OFF
Let us know if it worked. Thank you! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

davidbeaty
Punch Card
Views: 475
Message 3 of 15

Hi,

Yep, already checked that, it’s definitely off.

I also checked the windows settings as well, and that was set to allow apps to use the camera.

one oddity, when I go in to Vanrage/Camera it gives me a still of what the camera can see, but no live feed. This is as per Skype and other apps that use the camera. 

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 470
Message 4 of 15

Looks like there is an updated driver found here
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-P-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...
Let's give this a try. Let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

davidbeaty
Punch Card
Views: 411
Message 5 of 15

Hi,

I resovled this by removing the device from Device Manager and letting it detect it and add it back in.

Thanks for your help.

Elbee16
Paper Tape
Views: 384
Message 6 of 15

I am dealing with the same issue. By "removing the device from Device Manager," do you mean to uninstall or something else entirely. I don't want to go past a point of no return in my efforts to solve this. Thanks!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 370
Message 7 of 15

Open Device Manager, under Imaging device, one of these two options Lenovo Easycamera or Integrated camera will show up. Right-click Lenovo EasyCamera or Integrated camera to select uninstall then restart the computer. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Elbee16
Paper Tape
Views: 361
Message 8 of 15

Thanks for your reply. Uninstalled integrated camera. Restarted computer. Device manager no longer lists camera. Click camera in start up menu & still getting the gray screen of frustration. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 352
Message 9 of 15

Sorry for the trouble. Since it did not automatically reinstalled the camera driver, kindly download the updated camera driver on our support website here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/ then restart the computer. We also suggest using a different app to test the camera or search online using a Webcam Test keyword and test the camera on the browser.

Thanks!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Elbee16
Paper Tape
Views: 341
Message 10 of 15

Thank you for your help. Hate to keep posting, but...

Driver reinstalled. As per earlier post, go to "Lenovo Vantage app again and make sure the camera's privacy mode is off. Here are the steps. 
>Open Hardware Settings and select Audio/Visual.
>Scroll down to Camera Privacy Mode and note the setting it's on.
>If the setting is ON, switch it to OFF" - when I attempt to switch privacy mode to "off," it automatically switches me back to "on" & will not allow privacy setting to switch to off...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors