Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 191
Message 11 of 15

Re: Integrated Camera not working?

Check the privacy settings of Windows. 

1. Go to Start  > Settings  > Privacy  > Camera.
  2. Choose your preferred setting for Allow apps to access your camera.
  3. Under Choose which apps can access your camera, turn the individual settings for apps On or Off.

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Elbee16
Paper Tape
Views: 189
Message 12 of 15

I followed these steps & found the privacy setting. When I attempt to switch privacy mode to "off," it automatically switches me back to "on" & will not allow privacy setting to switch to off...

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 181
Message 13 of 15

If you have an active Antivirus software. Disable it temporarily. Then change the settings. If the camera privacy turned off. Check the settings of your Antivirus program. There might be a settings for Privacy of camera as well. 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Elbee16
Paper Tape
Views: 164
Message 14 of 15

PRO TIP!!! Before updating drivers, uninstalling, reinstalling, enabling, disabling, throwing things, etc., ensure that the ThinkPad built-in webcam shutter is in the OPEN position!! Smiley LOL Were you even aware that ThinkPad has a built-in webcam shutter that can inadvertantly slide to the covered position?? And...that the results of this sliding appear strangely familiar to a disabled integrated camera?!? Neither did I! I must've missed that tidbit on the tutorials. Well, at least all my drivers, etc. are up to date, & I learned a thing or two along the way. Thanks for the help, y'all!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 147
Message 15 of 15

Hello davidbeaty! Great to know, you were able to figure it out. Some of the Lenovo laptop does have camera cover. Just contact us again if you have another concern. Arjay_Lenovo

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors