Options

1 Posts

12-17-2019

US

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 1 of 1

Intel Wifi 6 AX200 malfunction in P53 after new Manjaro dual boot install with Windows 10 - SOLVED

2019-12-17, 1:43 AM

I just received my brand new laptop today, and the first thing I did was to partition the hard drive and install Manjaro Linux on the other half of the SSD. The wi-fi adapter worked just fine off the bootable USB, but after disabling fastboot and Secure Boot so that GRUB would come up, the wi-fi ceased to function on either OS. The adapter repeatedly returned the error "Problem Number: 10"/'Problem code: 0xa" and reported in Windows Device Manager that it was unable to start.

The fix appears to have been very simple. I unplugged the computer from the power adapter, then went into the BIOS and disabled the battery in order to get the computer to power down completely. After allowing it to rest for two minutes, I plugged the computer back in and powered it up, and the adapter was working just fine again.

If you encounter a similar error and completely powering down the laptop doesn't fix it, here are the other things I tried:

- Updating the AX200 drivers through Device Manager

- Uninstalling the AX200 through Device Manager, selecting the option to delete the driver files, rebooting, and reinstalling the OEM drivers: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n2niw04w.exe

- Uninstalling the device and deleting the drivers, rebooting, downloading the bare drivers from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29124/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins?product=189347 , extracting the files from the ZIP, going back to Device Manager, selecting "Update drivers..." and selecting the directory containing the bare drivers

- Using the automated Windows troubleshooting to allow the OS to automatically fix the issue

- Performing a network reset through Windows

- Resetting the Windows OS

I can't say whether any or all of those things might have contributed to the fix along with the full power-down, so I include them in the hopes of sparing another person from tearing their hair out for an evening the way I did.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save