Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomyStark10
Blue Screen Again
Views: 603
Message 1 of 2

International warranty

Hello Everyone!

I am about to buy a Thinkpad P52 for my studies of VFX, animation, 3D and digital art, but i have some questions about the Lenovo warranties.

I am from Italy, and next week i am going to the US to visit my family, and i want to buy it there, because for the same price I can have a much higher configuration than if i buy it in Italy. 

The thing that worries me is the warranty, because how i will use it in Italy i am very worried about the Lenovo international warranty, its a very expensive laptop and i want to avoid any extra charges regarding repairs or problems. 

when i am configuring the laptop there is an option called “international upgrade” that states: 

“Extend your coverage to applicable optional services, including Sealed Battery Warranty, Keep Your Drive, and Accidental Damage Protection when traveling outside of your home country.”

So, I don’t understand very well how that works, it is just for traveling? Or for the extra services only? 

Or will make the warranty work normally in Italy?

On-site or Depot Service works internationally?

Also, if for example, i buy it with just 1 year of warranty, next year can I buy more warranty but from Italy to hace access to full services?

Does anyone have experience with this?

I will appreciate any help, because I need to buy it as soon as possible.

Thank you, and I am looking forward for your answers! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 590
Message 2 of 2

Re: International warranty

Maybe the below will help you.

https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/lsw/lenovo_pc_devices_services_agreement_feb2017-us-english.pdf

Section 6.2 D.10 Page 4 has international warranty upgrade information.

Section 6.2 A Page 3 shows how long you have to buy the extension.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors