cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greybox
Serial Port
Views: 1,243
Message 1 of 4

Is it possible to install FHD screen on Thinkpad P50/P51 4K ?

As title said, is it possible to install Full HD screen on Thinkpad P50/P51 that came with 4K screen ? Is it direct replacement or is it impossible because of different cable ?

visviva
Paper Tape
Views: 1,171
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is it possible to install FHD screen on Thinkpad P50/P51 4K ?

I recently did the opposite thing. feel free to take a look at my reply in this thread

I believe you definitly will need to replace the hinge, as the LCD panel mountings are different.

As for the cable, if the connector is the same, then the UHD eDPU cable (4 lanes) should be backward compatible.

greybox
Serial Port
Views: 1,074
Message 3 of 4

I'm a bit confused about the eDP cable. If the Full HD panel has 30 pin eDP connector, then I would need to buy a 30 pin eDP cable? Are there exist 15" Full HD panel with 40 pin eDP connector?

Also, can you tell me where do you buy the eDP cable? maybe could give a link to the product page.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,047
Message 4 of 4

When multiple pieces get replaced (panel, cable, hinges), often, it is better economically to sell your machine  and buying the configuration you want.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors